Tried all that. No joy. Will restart the Mac mini and try again.
It’s weird that the M1 v6.0b5 bug is the same kind of problem I had on intel a major version or two back on mimoLive maybe a year ago. I was wondering if the document I have was something I opened and then retitled to use some of the components and that it inherited a bug from last year.
So I made a new mimoLive document from the Audio Podcast template and low and behold there was External Headphones as the selected audio output option. No other options available (no Mac mini speaker for example). I’ll plug my Entrance MixerFace R4 and test that as a destination later.
Then I made a new file with the mimoNews template and that had the Audio Monitor set to
Built-In Output (unavailable). When I select
External Headphones, the
Built-In Output (unavailable) option disappears ad it cannot be selected again.
Now when I plug headphones in and try to listen the port is declared as “busy”
External Headphones (busy). Too weird!
I created a fourth new document, another Audio Podcast template and headphones are available. Dragged an Audio Only Layer and— joy at last — it plays in my cans. (it’s very good to be able to drag layers between documents, this removes so much time and micro-friction, a FR I had for years Thx @Achim_Boinx and @Oliver_Boinx !!!).
I have no idea why the inconsistent results with headphones and the no option for Mac mini internal speaker.