How do I export & monitor the sound output from mimoLive?!

Has anybody tried Rogue Amoeba’s Audio Hijack with mimoLive for virtual camera workaround instead of the more complex and expensive Loopback?

Hi @Alastair1 I couldn’t figure out how to set this up using Audio Hijack as you can’t really “send” audio to an application.

Loopback and Blackhole simply make a virtual loudspeaker that routes audio to a virtual microphone. You select the loudspeaker in mimoLive to play the audio out of and the microphone in Zoom to play in.

Thx, Oliver. Blackhole is working for me from mimoLive to Zoom. I’m not sure how I can route it to my speakers or headphones as well, like I can in Loopback. I think I noticed that is a popular feature request for Blackhole on its GitHub repo.

AFAIK, Blackhole only allows 1to1 connections. But you can just add another Audio Aux output in mimoLive to play out to your headset.

For every use case you need a virtual device (in analogy to real hardware: a speaker which outputs zoom, a speaker which outputs mimo)

mimo2zoom (output to zoom - mix-minus zoom audio) and
zoom2mimo (output to mimo)

Just generate another virtual device, With different naming. As described there: How to use BlackHole instead of Loopback (free alternative)

mimo2zoom is the microphone input in zoom.
zoom2mimo is the microphone input in mimoLive.