Stream Deck Integration soon?

Hi,

Similarly I work with large ML documents with lots of layers. I created a base template configured with Stream Deck and Companion.

A work around for new documents is to duplicate the document in finder, open and edit as needed. It keeps the same document ID from what I see.

What I’d love as feature in this case is a way to simply cascade style changes on variants of layer. So when styling the document and making changes for a new project you don’t have to edit every single variant, which may be open to human error.

Ultimately when a Companion version of the plugin is available it would be great if you could set the document id in the instance of plugin, just like IP Address for an ATEM.

Maybe then in the button actions you could just select the layer, layer variant, layer set and set its endpoint.

1 Like

New Endpoints available (see current Beta) - mimoLive 5.10.1b3:

• /cycleThroughVariantsBackwards
  • /setLiveFirstVariant
  • /setLiveLastVariant

For some use-cases this is outstanding!

I hope that some day /setLiveRandomVariant come true. It could be used to pick a winner from people who participated a contest.

2 Likes

Let’s say you have a Lower Thirds Layer with variants. With the present implementation using Companion, is it possible to get feedback on the button to show that the active variant is active?

Try it. :slight_smile: Releases · boinx/mimoLive-Stream-Deck-Plugin · GitHub

Thank you very much, am very excited about it. I have evaluated vMix on the PC and there are all the functions (a few hundred) available in Companion. I just got introduced to mimoLive on Friday and am very excited to see what the automated workflow can look like. I use 2 ATEM Minis with 7 camera inputs for my environment. At the moment I am waiting for the ATEM MINI Extreme. So that I want to continue using Companion. Since I want to run my environments on Mac OS I was looking for such a plugin. Thanks for your work and making this public.

I’m evaluating to purchase a Stream Deck XL, will the plugin work regardless of the model?

For those who are interested, there is now a native mimoLive module in the latest beta version of Companion.

3 Likes

Whooohoo. Thank you very much!

For those reading this thread, here is where you can download the Companion Beta:

https://bitfocus.io/companion/download/builds/

Awesome! This is very exciting!

Scrolled through the thread, but didn’t find an answer: We did try a Streamdeck with Mimo and ATEM Plugin. All is fine. Just if you switch to an ATEM (Mini Pro ISO) cam the corresponding cam button doesn’t stay red/live on the Streamdeck. It only flashes red when going live and then goes back to grey even if the cam is still live on the ATEM.
I assume the Streamdeck and ATEM plugins aren’t fully connected?

Could you please screenshot your opened ATEM layer?

The latest beta version of Companion now has variant support.

This is currently limited to API Endpoint addressing only, as index addressing will require an API change by Boinx first (which is on their ToDo list).