Stream Deck Integration soon?

I added some additional images to the Stream Deck plugin to visualise more mimoLive actions. The code need some further error checking and enhancements but in general works as expected.

mimoLive-StreamDeck

1 Like

Is your setup secret? I am interested in it.

No secret, simply not yet bug free and optimized to announce in public. Just changed from polling to websocket for status messages from mimoLive to Stream Deck. So, the visualisation on Stream Deck is now without any polling delay. Will explain all in detail next week.

2 Likes

Just curious… why would I use stream deck vs remote control surface? Only benefit I see is they physical button but with the downside of losing flexibility.

I like the physical feedback of the Stream Deck or Skaarhoj buttons. It’s much simpler to press a button without looking at it, because you can feel it. It’s about personal preferences. I use my iPads as media players in my setup and not as remote consoles.

3 Likes

Attached the current status of the Stream Deck Plugin for mimoLive.

2 Likes

@RedDev my compliments, this looks very promising! I also would love to have better integration with the StreamDeck software or Bitfocus Companion, however I don’t really expect this from the Boinx team. For a lot of software applications, Bitfocus Companion integrations have been mostly developed by the community.

If you need any help, please let me know. I’d love to make contributions to a Companion integration, all in time of course :wink:

Off topic: In the meatime, I’m working on wireless tally lights for the ATEM Software (by using the ESP32 microcontroller). I’m also considering to implement live status of MimoLive into this as it can be handy in some cases.

1 Like

@Hindrik Check out my Arduino code for mimoLive tally lights on Github: RedDevTech · GitHub perhaps some help for you.

2 Likes

Very interesting! I’m definitely going to use this as a start. I’m using the TTGO T-Display boards they’re under 10 euros and have a build in OLED screen and battery controller.

Enhanced the mimoLive Stream Deck Plugin with a select field which contains all layers and layer-sets of the current document. So new buttons can be added without copy the API endpoint from mimoLive.

7 Likes

Short update, I sent the source code for the mimoLive Stream Deck plugin to Boinx for publishing as open source.

4 Likes

That’s awesome… I’ve been looking more at the stream deck to add into my workflow in addition to the iPad as a control surface. I do like the idea of physical buttons… anyone use anything similar with analog controls (eg knobs and sliders) with Mimolive??

3 Likes

The inaugural release of the mimoLive Stream Deck plugin is now available:

Thank you @RedDev for the intiative and the effort put into this.

3 Likes

Is there a way to maintain the mac keyboard linked with Mimolive if other software is highlighted?

I mean, sometimes, there is the need to switch a layer when ex: the finder is in use, and several second get lost switching between programs windows…

This is main reason why me and others ask for a midi integration…

Hi @JMVBMW If you use Keyboard Maestro, for example, you don’t have to have mimoLive in the foreground.

We also designed the Remote Control Surface to give you a very powerful way to control mimoLive regardless of foreground status via a web browser.

The x-Keys and Stream Deck also don’t require mimoLive to be in the foreground.

Only good old Keyboard needs mimoLive to the active app so that the apps don’t get confused as to who should handle the keyboard input… :wink:

1 Like

This is very exciting! Thanks @RedDev and @Oliver_Boinx! I’ve got the initial setup going and made a few keys for different layer sets. They all work as expected. What I haven’t been able to figure out is how to trigger the start/stop of the show using the Live layer. I’ve tried with both the Start API endpoint and the Toggle API endpoint, but no luck.

I paste in the server, then the appropriate API endpoint. The Action, however isn’t a layer or a layer set, but I’ve tried it using the Layer setLive and toggleLive, but to no luck.

Probably something obvious I’m missing. Any guidance is appreciated.

Should work: Create a new button in the Stream Deck config, enter the Server address, copy the toggle show API endpoint and remove from the API endpoint the server part “http://127.0.0.1:8989”. Copy the API endpoint text, starting with “/api/…” to the Stream Deck API text field. Let the Action text field empty. Works for me.

Yes, the URL for those buttons has been missing. It is now in mimoLive 5.10.1b2

Right-Click on the Start/stop button reveals the API endpoints.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 20.30.31

Thanks, both. I am on 5.10.1b2. Removing the server part from the API endpoint did the trick. I copied and pasted without realizing that was in there.

This is probably more of a basic Stream Deck issue, but I’m not sure how to get the button states to reflect status. There’s a gray and a red button state, but both the start and stop buttons just periodically flash red. Time to read up on the stream deck documentation, I guess!

Is there a way to set a button to start and/or stop an output destination? For instance, I start the stream with the show, but I don’t want to start the recording until later.

Yes, I just discover and set Keyboard Maestro to work with Mimolive.
As well, I used the Lower third Numbers template which @Achim_Boinx kindly sent me.

Both works very well.

The only inconvenience, is the setup, it is a bit long and tricky, and if the document have many layers, even more long and tricky.

And if you “save as” your document with a different name, all work is lost.
So, is difficult to make pre-adjusted templates

I would love that the midi implementation was simple as record Mimolive keyboard shortcuts

1 Like