Monterey 12.3 beta 4 FIXED problem that crept in with 12.2 where video in Mimo no longer working! (M1 Max 64GB only!)

I’m very glad to hear that. Let’s spread the word.

@Oliver_Boinx Great news … perhaps, change the title of this thread to append “[Fixed in MacOS 12.3?]” and when we see the final 12.3 remove the “?”. I don’t want folks reading the thread titles and worrying too much about this great product!

I have a 64GB M1 Max MacBook but am not a beta participant. As soon as the formal release comes out I will give it a try and report back.

Glad 12.3. beta 4 is working for others who faced same issue.

Probably unrelated but I’m getting Mimo crashing if Luna Display app is open. If I open Mimo first then Luna it works.

Here is a text file of the Crash Report.

Monterey 12.3 (Beta 5) Video still there. :slight_smile: - Promising, Apple!

2 Likes

So 12.3 Beta 4 with a decklink Duo on M1Max32 uses high CPU, like 95% CPU on system, mostly black magic io.

Not sure how much I can push the system without issues.

Hi @Art_Aldrich How many sources are you using?

Luna is very interesting, but they seem to be doing some voodoo stuff. Unfortunately, I don’t have one so I can’t check what’s going on. BTW, I’m thinking about ordering one. Can it be used as a touch screen with MacOS?

4 cameras over sdi, some videos in a playlist and a lower 3rd placer with 9 variants.

Some questions:
(Basically a very similar setup to mine.)

1. Any black images after some time?
  2. Do you use filters/keyers/drop shadow?
  3. Does CPU load reduce drastically when you minimize the GUI? (multiView n use?)
  4. Does it change a bit, when you use BETA 5 of Monterey 12.3?
  5. Under activity manager: how often can you see BMD io-driver?

I think that BMD has troubles with the drivers.

I do get the black flashing from time to time.

No filters drop shadows or anything like that, but I am running multiviewer.

I will have to check about turning off multiviewer and the effects on cpu load.

I do see the black magic driver showing up in system processes using resources.

I haven’t yet tried the 12.3 beta five update because my show is today. I may try going back to Back up laptop with Big Sur mimo 511 and see how it performs.

Hi @Art_Aldrich I may have asked this before and you may have already done so, in which case, my apologies: Can you please send me the document? If you already did so, please send it again as I’m not able to find anything.

In my case, it seems to be that black flicker appears, when a second instance of BMD-io-driver shows up. I can see two after some time at the activity manager app. The flickers are exclusively on BMD-media. None of the other sources is causing a flicker. (BMD Audio is also affected, when the flicker appears. Some drop outs with creaks. Additionally, I can see audio twice per channel at the source. One time with extra settings for delay and one time without these settings). When I minimize the GUI of mimoLive, it drastically reduces the load on CPU (in my case about 45%, when I use a multiView), but unfortunately it does not have an effect on the flickering. I have to do further tests. e.g. does SDI-out, when it is not in use, have an effect on the flickering.

Do you use a Sonnet Echo Express Enclosure?

Missed this…yes ipad screen extension/mirror becomes touchable. Although I use it for teleprompter mode…I have used Air Display before but I dont think that is working with M1…and I must say I’m VERY impressed with Luna. It is high quality and low CPU. Only issue is the crashing Mimo issue if I dont open Mimo first.

1 Like

Sounds amazing, I have. to check this out. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Have any of you updated to the latest 12.3 today?

Yes, video is there. And beta 6.0b9 is the best version ever for m1-max-64-gb. In extreme (maxed out) documents, some glitches are here and there. But except of me, nobody has such extreme complex documents.

notice:
I don’t know why at BMD sources each audio channel shows up twice, but as long as I use the first of each, everything I tested—up to now—seems to work fine.

1 Like

So good to hear. Big sigh of relief for my big April event. :wink: