Monterey 12.3 beta 4 FIXED problem that crept in with 12.2 where video in Mimo no longer working! (M1 Max 64GB only!)

It would be catastrophic for us if this isn’t fixed soon.

No idea why it is only for 64 GB machines. To complicate things, we only have a 32GB machine at this point where it is working fine, so we wasted a lot of time before we realised that it was only 64 GB machines that are affected.

Good luck! Glad I was able to help. Did several hours this morning using mimo on 12.1 running on external drive.

Tomorrow is my first class (live show) so that’s the big test. :crossed_fingers::pray:

All the best.

i have 14 macbook m1 max 64gb + 12.1 and
I’m scared that I can’t update the operating system and the beta version didn’t fix the bug you found either
Are there any expectations on the timing of the apple’s fix?
How often do they release betas?

I share your frustration. We do not know when Apple will release a fix. We’ll just have to wait patiently.

They release betas when they feel like it. You can try to find a pattern by looking at the past releases, but there are so many outliers that it really isn’t anything to bank on.

12.2.1 does not fix the problem.
Is “just” the 64-gig model affected, or other also? - I registered to the beta-program. Is there anything particular I can submit to Apple?

Sad to report that 12.3 beta 2 doesnt fix this yet.

1 Like

@Nick_Booker I’m not sure of you can change the thread title but focusing the title on “64GB Only” will give lots of other forum readers a big sigh of relief … while those of us with 64GB sweat it out. Or maybe that is an admin function… @Oliver_Boinx ?

1 Like

Good idea. Have changed the title.

As far as we know it’s only the 64 GB model. Our 32 GB model works.

Thanks for checking. It would have been a big surprise, as the beta 2 had been released too soon for the fix to make it in.

Only security issues are fixed in surprise releases such as 12.2.1

If you need my device for more detailed checks, please do not hesitate! <3

BTW, I also downloaded 12.3 (Beta 2) and it isn’t fixed. Let’s hope for the next version.

Me too, happy to test … I have an event in April – would love to use my new machine!

Currently, I have a 5000 Euro trashcan on my table. I need a break. See ya, guys!

Even with Beta 3 the problem does not seem to be fixed :frowning:

So, I can interrupt the update. :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing and reporting. Disappointing, but not really surprising.

Luckily I still have a Mac mini M1 - so I can use the MacBook Pro for testing.

12.3 Beta 4: Video is back. BUT:
It is not possible to change the video settings on the fly (e.g. set other BMD-channel). If I have to do so, I have to save the document and restart mimoLive, and the video returns.

1 Like

Yay! Beta 4 is working for me. I’m not facing any issues now with my setup.

Thanks @Oliver_Boinx @Achim_Boinx for your support! Good luck everyone.