MimoLive suddenly stopped working!

Thanks for the response Oliver. I went back and checked on what’s working and what’s not:

ML 5.10 - Loads, but hangs when opening a document in MacOS 10.13.x (that’s what’s in the video)
ML >5.10 (5.7, etc.) - Won’t load at all; just beachballs after double-clicking in 10.13.x

I do have ML 5.10 running on a mini with 10.15.7. If I discover more combos, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Thanks for the details. Just to double check I understand correctly: 5.10 works on 10.15.7 on your Mac mini?

Well at least I’m not going crazy. Same thing happened to me. Has 5.10 fixed the problem?

Yes. 5.10 is working on one of the minis with 10.15.7 installed. I just tried 5.9.1 on a mini with 10.15.7 and it’s working, but 5.8 on the same mini froze when opening a document. It’s seemingly random, but hopefully you can find a pattern.

Thanks for the clarification. At this time, we recommend to use 5.10 with macOS 10.15.7

All versions prior to and including 5.8 no longer work due to external circumstances beyond our control.

1 Like

@lorcott mimoLive 5.8 and earlier stopped working last Wednesday due to circumstances beyond our control. At this time, we recommend to update to 5.10 which is the most reliable version so far anyways.

We’re still trying to figure out some issues people have reported with mimoLive 5.10 on 10.13.6 which we still like to support.

1 Like

One hopes that support for Mac running 10.13.x can still be supported, because this Mac can’t be upgraded beyond where it is and I don’t have any intention of purchasing a new Mac to run MimoLive.

I know if it makes any difference, but BoinxTV is still working. Screen shots below…

Have a good day.

Can you please try this version: https://cdn.boinx.com/software/mimolive/Beta_mimoLive_5.10.1b1-29218.app.zip

Can those of you still on High Sierra please try this version and report back if it works?

https://cdn.boinx.com/software/mimolive/Beta_mimoLive_5.10.1b1-29218.app.zip

@lorcott @mijealab @JMVBMW

We just purchased a new mac mini M1 (16gb ram), and we have the latest version of ML.
Yesterday, we tried to run H264 movies inside the session, none of them worked.
Also, we tried Mimo calls, and they wouldn’t work at all. Connects, then freezes.
Any thoughts?

mimoLive is not yet supported on M1.

That being said, I have a Mac mini M1 on my desk and use mimoLive every day. I have not yet noticed that these things don’t work. But mimoLive is not performing as desired. If you add too many sources, it is easy to max out the M1. A symptom is that there are hundreds of worker threads created which you can see in the Activity Monitor. (mimoLive on Intel rarely has more than 70 threads, the same document on M1 has 400) The effect is that mimoLive is getting slower and slower. Of course, our priority is to find out why this is and to fix it.

If you can, please send me the complete mimoLive document via WeTransfer, Dropbox or similar by DM here. I would like to get more data on what might be causing this.

Sorry Oliver, tried this and it still isn’t working, exactly the same as last time, document opens and then it beachballs and becomes unresponsive

Same issue that Ianhusbands it experiencing, on this end too.

Nop, got the beachball spinning…

And believe or not, build 5.7 stop working in 10.13.6…

No apple updates, just an old macbook pro 15 2011, internet connected…

Five days ago, it was working fine

Same here. Mid 2012 MBP running 10.13.6. 5.8 would beachball on the opening screen, 5.10.1b1 beachballs after opening the actual document, like prior examples.

DMing you a process sample as well.

Thanks,
Bob

Quick question. What should the date(s) of the FFMpeg files be, to support a 10.13.6 Mac?
I’ve just took a quick look and all the files on my system are dated 10–10-19. Just curious.

Any update on this? Still definitely not working for me.

Yep, same for me. Mine is having the same exact problem.

Hi people, @dp9632 @mijealab @bobd @JMVBMW @Richard_Wildman @ianhusbands @lorcott

I’m very sorry for the delay and inconvenience. We had to dig out a Mac that still had 10.13.6 on it and with installing some backups we were able to make a 5.8.1 specifically für 10.13.6

Can you please check and see if that works for you? https://www.dropbox.com/s/vweozlq0c2nin20/Boinx_mimoLive_5.8.1b1.zip?dl=0

It seems as if this is going to be the last version we can support on 10.13.6. Having a mimoLive version for 10.13., 10.14., 10.15, Big Sur and M1 seems to be impossible at this point.

2 Likes