How to get mimoLive to show up as a camera and microphone in other Mac apps (e.g. Google Hangout or

How to get mimoLive to show up as a camera and microphone in other Mac apps (e.g. Google Hangout or Skype)

You can spice up your Google Hangout, Skype call, video presentation or webinar if you use mimoLive as a video source. Show graphics, present your screen or give yourself a proper lower third. To do so you need to install the Virtual Playout plugins for mimoLive. To do so, please follow these steps: - This feature requires mimoLive 2.3 or newer. - Download the Virtual Playout installer. - Run the installer. Please note that you will be prompted for your administration password. - Restart your Mac for the plugins to load. - Open mimoLive again. - Create a new document or open up an existing one. - Start the third party app for which you want to use mimoLive as a camera. Important: Start the third party app after starting mimoLive and creating or opening your document! This often helps that the third party apps see the correct mimoLive virtual playouts right away in their video setups. Please note: The Virtual Playout feature don't work with apps that are based on QuickTime. The Virtual Audio output could only be used by a single app at a time. - Setup the third party app to use mimoLive by selecting the "mimoLive:" as the camera input and mimoLive audio output as the audio input.

Read the full story here

I followed these instructions exactly but Mimo doesn’t show in the camera selection settings in Skype. Any help?

Thanks,
Craig

Done! works well for me

Craig, sorry to hear that it doesn’t work for you. Can you please let me know the version of the OS and of Skype you’re using?

This isn’t working for me. And I really want to use it like this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
OS 10.11.5
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Skype Version 7.29 (297)

Hi Oliver. If you can help me get this to work, that’d be great.

I’m using MimoLive Version 2.2 (21824)

Recombatant: This is a feature we’ll introduce in Version 2.3. You can currently download Version 2.3b2 here: https://boinx.com/connect/mimolive/versionhistory

Then, follow the instructions here: https://boinx.com/connect/mimolive/knowledge/installation-and-setup/WS100457

Flash Media Live Encoder doesn’t recognized Mimolive as a video source…
Only it recognized mimolive as audio source

This is working for me in Skype (version 7.34 (164)) however, the video is reversed? The video is correct in the mimolive Program Output window - but is reversed in the Skype video window. I know it is possible to reverse the source camera input in mimolive, but this doesn’t fix the Lower Third overlays in Skype - they still appear reversed. Is there any way of fixing this please? I have no way of reversing the webcam video as there are no options to do this in the Logitech webcam software. Thank you.

I am having a problem using third party app as a camera source. The lower third is ok in Mimolive but is backwards in Google Hangouts. I have installed version 2.5b1 and I am running 10.11.6 on my Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dean Payne and tonerone: Skype and Hangout mirror the preview video for every webcam (and therefore the mimoLive video too) automatically. This makes sense for normal webcams as it is more natural for you to see a mirror image of yourself instead of the actual video the webcam captures. However, both applications only mirror the preview video you see. Your conference partners will see the webcam and mimoLive output the correct way, exactly as you see it in the Program Output window.
Hope this helps!

Than you Piets! You guys rock!

I am seeing the MimoLive as an option for Audio in Skype, but under Camera it doesn’t show up.
MIMOLive 2.5b3
MacOS Sierra (beta 7)
Skype 7.35

I did this and it says that the virtual camera plugin need to be updated, but then it doesn’t direct me to the download page. Where do I get the update?

Apparently, if you got to this information through the forum, the download link for the plugin did not give you the correct version. I’ve now updated the post. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please use this correct link to download the plugin.

Hello good afternoon, I can not record aydio directly from the pc, as udios videos, skype audio, somebody can help me, and please remember that I am very little technical in these things, thanks

@AmiAbreu Hi, thank you for your interest in mimoLive. I would love to help you, but I don’t understand what it is you’re trying to do. Can you please be more detailed about what it is you want to accomplish? Are you trying to record a Skype call?