FotoMagico not exporting project

@alex2Stroke: Can you try to split your show into two slideshow documents and try to export them separately? There seems to be a bug in QuickTime when exporting very large movie files (bigger than 2GB) that causes the vanish of the destination file. We are going to exchange the old QuickTime API to a modern API in the future where this should not happen anymore.

@steveasp: The improvement of the export process we did only affected the rendering process if you happen to have movies within your slideshow. It seems that this part is fixed for you. The compression is fully depending on QuickTime itself, FotoMagico starts the compression with one system call and let QuickTime do its thing. We think that the slow export process you encounter may be a result of using the old QuickTime API. We are going to replace this in the future.

Finally I can export. Happy Days!

The problem for me came down to the fact that I had downloaded the fotomagico file with safari and although I could use it, I could not export anything, not even the smallest two image no audio file. The log files Boinx requested showed that Safari would quarantine the file and cause the crash (and screen shots as above).

Boinx gave me the solution shown below. I decided to go for a clean start and deleted the fotomagico files and started again with a download using Firefox. Now I’m exporting with no problems.

Your problems may be different but, if you downloaded with Safari, this is definitely worth a try.

Tony

"What we see here is that the “quarantine Flag” is set for the fmexport application (the application inside FotoMagico that does the export). This flag gets set by Safari when downloading an app, and gets removed once the user runs FotoMagico and clicks the “open” button in the security dialog.
Here are two possible solutions:

1. Delete FotoMagico, re-download with something else but Safari.
    or
  2. right click FotoMagico, select “Show package contents” and then navigate to Contents/Resources/ and double click the fmexport file. That should open the security warning again. Clicking “open” here will open the terminal. that can be closed right away then. Now FotoMagico should be able to export"

After installing Version 4.0.3 I still can’t export my show with audio. - Size: 55 MB, tried with Quicktime and iPhone export - no success at all. :frowning:
Download with Firefox.
Is there any solution?

Downloaded 4.0.3 - still encounter the export failed error that alex2stroke documents above. Tried the solution mentioned above - showing the package contents etc - still encountered the same problem.

The process appears to process the images quickly but it doesn’t seem to start the video render process but never shows any progress on the progress bar. Tried ipad and iphone options and varied the quality - all resulted in the same error

@pennyjane and @George: Can you please open the Console application by Apple and watch the outputs there while you exporting? watch out for “fmexport”, “sandbox validation” or “quarantine”. If you have privacy concerns, please send the log messages to support(at)boinx.com with reference to this forum post. TIA!

Today I did the upgrade from 3 to 4 of Foto Magico. Now every tume i try to export a project the program says to me that it is impossible to do. I tryed every platform: you tube, dvd, etc. but it is impossible to export. I fear the program has to do quickly an update to resolve this problem.

I too cannot export from fotomagico latest version. Yes, I have audio files, no it does not export even when audio deleted. Have deleted all other fotomagico material, downloaded again, and still have a problem. Is there a fix for this?
Thank you.

Wheeeeee! Finally got it to work. downloaded product yet again, and suddenly it happened. The earth moved!!!
great! Thank you.

@emiliophotographer: Please can you describe in more detail what happens when you try to export? Is there an error message?

I have been trying the demo version (4.0.3) on iMAC 2.8 Ghz i7,12GB memory and 2TB external drive. Also had problem exporting for DVD with a message at the end of the process saying could not export and to contact technical support. Tried exporting to YouTube 1st attempt failed - 2nd attempt failed to upload but did leave mp4 file that I uploaded to YouTube outside of FM. Although attracted to the product I will not purchase until these export issues are addressed. Also, at this price point the product should be able to export to DVD as iDVD is not available on new iMACs.

@Achim: I did contact the technical support and sent the whole log files, but got no reaction or solution either. Is there a chance for solution for the export problem any time soon?

@pennyjane: Your ticket (397576) in our support system is still on status “open” but awaiting a response from your side. On 23rd Nov Ann from support asked you to do the export with some debug logging switched on. Did you do so and did you send the logs? Maybe you sent them with a different email address?

@Harman: iDVD and DVD burning: Currently we don’t plan to implement DVD production tools into FotoMagico. A video DVD is not just “burn this file to disc”, but processing a very complex data construct and need rich authoring tools to create. Thats why we gave FotoMagico to the Toast product as a bundle. Toast by Roxio (http://www.roxio.com/) is a very powerful tool to create DVDs.

To your export problem: Can you see any suspicious log output in the console while exporting?

I did not know about the Toast Bundle re DVD output. Regarding the export problem it looks to be the same error message reported by alex2stroke on Nov 13. I am new to using iMAC so don’t know how to access the log output and cannot do anymore as the trial period has expired!

@Achim: thanks for your feedback. The feedback request from support team ended up as spam. I’ll provide the debugging information.

@Harman: Please locate the “Console” app by Apple in your Utilities application folder. Start it. A window with system messages will show up. Click on the “CLear” button on the top left corner of the window which gives you a fresh start. Now start FotoMagico and try the export. After FotoMagico failed to export, Please copy all the messages from the console output and send it via email to support(at)boinx.com with a reference to this forum post. TIA!

I’m having the same issues - unable to export. I’m not using any video - just 2 music tracks and pictures. I was able to create and export perfectly about 2 weeks ago, but now all of a sudden it won’t. I am meeting with a client on Sunday and would really really like this to be taken care of before then.

I am also getting very frustrated and dealing with an upset client because fotomagico will not export. I a running 4.0.1 and have tried a trial .3 but still no luck. I have been trying different ways to export for 4 straight days now. This is getting ridicules and losing me money with my clients. I have a very large slideshow, 1,800 photos in which I am planning on burning to a blu-ray with toast. It can take up to 6 hours for each export and i’ve tried about 15 different ways. This is robbing me of doing other work on my mac. I was sposed to have this to my clients 3 days ago and tech support has not been very helpful. I am trying without audio now (but than major pain of having to put into fcp, adding audio, than exporting again)

Any help? I am desperate.

Ok tried export once again without audio. It made it all the way to half way through the compression stage than got stuck for 8 hours in the same sport just counting up on the remaining time. fmexport was taking about 125% cpu and fotomagico only 3.0%. I tried the fmexport fix earlier (clicking on it and opening it in the package contents) Well now I don’t really know what to tell my clients…