Virtual Camera to MimoLive

Hi @Joe_Augustin I’m really sorry that my advice has caused troubles. I completely forgot that the virtual camera stuff changed from MacOS 14 to 14.1

But don’t panic, we’re here to help.

First, can you please send me a screenshot of the mimoLive->Settings->Extensions screen?

The plug-in version is 1.4(3)

This is the version of the old Virtual Camera Plugin. Please use the Virtual Camera Extension.

Also, you can get the NDI Virtual Input back by following this procedure from Apple: If you can't use your camera or video output device after updating to macOS Sonoma 14.1 - Apple Support

What version of NDI do you have installed? Is it the most recent one?

I’m pretty sure the crashes from the mimoLive virtual camera should be gone after following this procedure:

• Delete all versions of mimoLive from your computer if there are more than the latest 6.8.1 installed.
  • Go to mimoLive->Settings->Extensions and remove the Virtual Camera Extension and the Virtual Camera Plugin if they are installed.
  • Quit mimoLive and restart your computer.
  • After restart, launch mimoLive 6.8.1 and go to mimoLive->Settings->Extensions and install the Virtual Camera Extension (not the Virtual Camera Plugin!).
  • Go to the System Setting to allow the Virtual Camera Extension to load. (See Installing and Activating Virtual Camera Extension | mimoLive®)
  • Restart mimoLive

The Virtual Camera Output should now be available and usable and should not crash.

1 Like

may cameras are on the wireless network

Hi @rosshaden I generally don’t recommend using wireless connections unless you’re talking about using wireless devices specifically designed to connect cameras like the ones made by Teradek.

Using Wifi to connect cameras to a production system is a recipe for disaster as soon as there are is an audience involved.

Hi @Joe_Augustin Have you been able to resolve this?

Hi @Oliver_Boinx

Thanks for the follow up.

Upgrading Mac OS and reinstalling the extension. And UN-installing the plug-in seems to have done the trick. It was stable (hopefully I haven’t jinxed it by eating so).

As for the NDI solution from before… I think Zoom doesn’t accept the NDI feed from Vizrt any more.

Might have to authorise it manually (like on earlier MimoLive virtual cam solutions, as I’ve read).

Thanks again for the excellent follow up and service! I’m officially impressed. (and my apologies for taking so long to reply to you).

Hi @Joe_Augustin Thanks for reporting back. I’m happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.