Version 6.6.1 window capture broken

The screen capture permissions can be a bit tricky. Even though they may show a checkmark for the mimoLive app (or any other app for that matter), it may not work if you previously gave permission to another instance of mimoLive on your computer. To ensure that you grant screen capture permission to the correct app, please follow these steps:

1. Quit mimoLive.
  2. Completely remove the mimoLive app from the Screen Capture permission table in the System Preferences using the “-” button.
  3. Click the “+” button to add it again, making sure to select the exact app you intend to launch.
  4. Launch this specific instance of mimoLive and check again.

Does this procedure help?

Additionally, I’ve noticed that the Window Capture source might experience a “launch” issue if the content within the window does not change over time. Please try the following:

• Set up a Window Capture source in your document and make it live with a Placer layer.
  • Go to the actual window you intend to capture and alter the content in some way (e.g., scroll through it).

Does this resolve the issue and allow the window to appear in mimoLive?

Lastly, please open the Source Performance window in mimoLive by selecting “Window > Source Performance Monitor”. Review your Window Capture source output: Is there any output? Does it display the pixel dimensions or fps of the source?

I can’t find what is mimolive asking for

From what ive seen Mimolive 5.11 > and Monterey for window capture is not working out for us.

I had to update to ventura. solved my dilemma

Hi @203 Thanks for reporting back on the solution. Glad to know that it works now.

So, the window capture source will be no longer restored in Monterey?
Mimolive 6.7B6 still not working…

Hi @JMVBMW The Window Capture source in mimoLive 6.7b6 is supposed to work on Monterey. Can you please let me know more specifically what isn’t working?

Please note that Window Capture hides some content, particularly from video playback due to copyright issues.

Please take a look…

Window capture ML 6.7 sill not working for me in monterey

From you screen cast, it looks as if mimoLive doesn’t have all the permissions to access camera, microphone and screen capture.

Can you please check in the System Settings under Privacy & Security if mimoLive is added to Camera, Microphone, Screen Recording (or Screen & System Audio Recording it might be called) and activated there?

@Oliver_Boinx yes, those 3 options are allowed

Hi @JMVBMW Thanks for the patience while we figure this out. We will be able to try on a MacBook M1 Pro next week.

We’ve started using the new Screen Capture APIs that Apple recommends that are supposed to work from Monterey on. We may revert to use the old version or, hopefully, figure out what’s wrong and fix it.

Hi @JMVBMW

We’re unable to reproduce this here with M1 on Monterey. We can reproduce it not working in mimoLive 6.7b3 as shown in your video but it is working in mimoLive 6.7 (final release).

Can you please double check that you’re using mimoLIve 6.7?

Can you update to Sonoma?

For me is not working either 6.7 or 6.7B3…

Hi @JMVBMW Would upgrading to MacOS Sonoma be an option?

I would prefer do not upgrade

Ok. Is the Opera Window on an external screen? Is that a retina display? Or maybe a strange screen extender?

Yes, that is Opera, but the issue comes with any app.
Yes, this is the main screen, no extender at all