Undefined discussion subject.

Just checked out the UK pricing. I bought FM3 for full price, and the price in the UK for me to upgrade is $112. Need to give this a lot more thought before I upgrade. That’s more than I paid for FM3!

…and at this price, Final Cut Pro starts to be a great alternative with even more flexibility and features.

Hi Boinx people - shame about the pricing fiasco. I have only one question for you and I hope can answer it, because your answer will determine whether I upgrade or not. There has been a persistent and serious problem in all previous versions of FM - in that it was impossible for the soundtrack and images to stay in sync in longer projects. Your own support dept acknowledged it was a problem in their support emails to me, but could offer no fixes. Has this problem been rectified in V4?

This process while clearly defined, is unfair none the less. I not only would not pay such an exorbitant upgrade cost, but I would never purchase support or recommend any such BOINX release of any kind. HUGE misfire on your part. We the people whi initially bought in and helped to create the very client base you have, is being cast aside. There had to be other options, you chose instead to treat us like fools. Sad!

I have never owned software in which the upgrade is no upgrade, but actually a full purchase. Clear money grab and I am not surprised at the angry comments. I will use version 3 for whatever life there is left in it - and judging by Boinx behavior - this version will not have much support. I do not think I will seriously look at other Boinx apps - they do not seem to want to establish any loyalties.

I get the impression that Boinx is trying to weather the storm and this will all blow over in time. However, the feeling of being exploited is like a bad stain on a favourite shirt, you can repeatedly wash it and the stain may fade, but every time you wear it you still notice the shirt is sullied.

I purchased through Kagi so there’s no doubt that I paid and upgraded. $99 is ridiculous for an upgrade. Are you getting business advice from Microsoft? >:P

We were not concerned about price. How ever we are concerned that that when you do purchase Pro.
They don’t treat you Pro.
Your quickly forgotten about in this case.
We have some minor, I do mean Minor problems.
Normally you would call your support team and be done with it.
In this case nope!
You no longer exist once they received your money.
How odd is this?

I could not wish this on my worst enemy.

Think twice before making any purchase from this company!

I have FotoMagico 3 Pro for years and just found out that there is no upgrade price for existing customer. It sucks. I am switching to other software. Bye bye!!!

$99 for an upgrade - You’re joking.
I’ve always found your software to be a clunky piece of junk and I’ve hardly used it since I bought it.
It’s time consuming unstable and doesn’t produce very professional looking results.
As far as I’m concerned you’ve left the door wide open for Adobe to improve the slideshow features in Lightroom and probably put a nail in your own coffin.
Trying to pass on the development costs of working with the Apple Mac Store is very wrong. It’s called the cost of doing business.
Guess what I’ll be using in the future - Not Photomagico that’s for sure.
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
It would be laughable if you weren’t trying to take money off your customers for old rope.

Goodbye.

Hahaha!!! Go behind the books and learn about pricing!! There is one good lecture called: “How to not loosing values customers with stupid pricing of updates” There you would read that it is not even naughty, but gust stupid to sell an UPDATE for 99$ and even call this a significant price lowering! Obviously it even not cares you to loosing valued cutovers one by one, as there is net even an answer to the many angry people. So, it also won’t care you much to loose one more what??

That’s all great. Let me know when you put back in the ability to create mac screensavers that will work in Mavericks, k?

Very surprised to discover that the new Toast 12 Pro includes FotoMagico 3 as one of the add-ins that raises Toast’s $99 price by 50%. Even more surprised when I discovered that there is no upgrade path for existing users. Boinx has some very good software. However, I don’t think that it will find that many current users will have to essentially buy the software a second time to move to the new version. When word gets out that you need to pay full retail price for an upgrade, potential customers may (and should) have second thoughts about buying Boinx products.

Boinx used to offer an upgrade path that was never very cheap, but cheaper. They now say everyone- loyal returning customer or newbies benefiting from the input of the loyal customers- has to buy a New product when the main version number changes because the App store says it must be so. HOWEVER You can buy upgrades for Realillusion products on the Realillusion website that are also available, and un-upgradable- on the App store e.g. Crazytalk.

I was one of those guys who hesitated to update…in part because of the comments here. I was limping along with version 3.x, which was starting to choke more and more. I really felt limitations both in the workspace and when rendering. Some exports wouldn’t complete. In the midst of a job, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Boy, am I glad I did! Rendering times are much quicker. And the new features are worth the price. What I preferred a cheaper upgrade path? Of course I would’ve. But do I feel like a true value for the money? Absolutely!In the midst of a project, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Boy, am I glad I did! Rendering times are much quicker. And the new features are worth the price. Would I have preferred a cheaper upgrade path? Of course I would’ve. But do I feel like I got true value for the money? Absolutely

I was one of those guys who hesitated to update…in part because of the comments here. I was limping along with version 3.x, which was starting to choke more and more. I really felt limitations both in the workspace and when rendering. Some exports wouldn’t complete. In the midst of a job, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Boy, am I glad I did! Rendering times are much quicker. And the new features are worth the price. What I preferred a cheaper upgrade path? Of course I would’ve. But do I feel like a true value for the money? Absolutely!In the midst of a project, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Boy, am I glad I did! Rendering times are much quicker. And the new features are worth the price. Would I have preferred a cheaper upgrade path? Of course I would’ve. But do I feel like I got true value for the money? Absolutely