Undefined discussion subject.

Sorry I will NOT be upgrading from Pro v3 to V4$$$$$$$ for the same price as new customers. A BAD policy I think

I can’t stand this “I am a long term user and so I want to pay less than the new users”-attitude.

Why can’t you guys be happy that everybody gets a good deal instead of paying 99$ anyway and new users pay a bit more??? Would that make you happy? That’s just stupid…
Blame Apple because they kind of enforce this with their Mac App Store no-paid-upgrades-policy!

Boinx did a great job and completely rebuilt the timeline, imagine how much work this is technically…
And it works just f*cking great!

I will not upgrading. It’s not fair for the experienced user. It’s only for the new adopters

No loyalty to loyal customers here! Full price charged for a very modest update. I’ll make do with the old version while I look for a different company to patronize and recommend.

I’m using FotoMagico 2 & 3, iStopMotion 3 Mouseposé & PhotoPresenter 4.
And I intend to spend $ 100 for upgrade to FotoMagico 4. Bad policy. Greetings

I was really happy to see you guys came up with a new version and went straight to check the upgrade price and that is when it hit me as a matter of fact you guys kick me in the nuts with your update pricing, is it one of those is not you it’s me type of thing, where we your customers since version 1 are just not appealing to you anymore, ok I get it, you are now a BIG shot, oh well this is where we part ways. it’s been a great ride but you just got rid of me as loyal customer, should of been the other way around weird where am I.

I was just as upset as everyone else when I first read that the upgrade to FM4 would be $99. And I’ve been a long-time user as well. But then I discovered that if I downloaded and used the beta version I could take advantage of a beta discount price, which would apply even when the software went release. And I could throw my $.02 in regarding bugs, feature requests, etc. I’ve been using it for weeks and it’s been awesome. And the released version was announced yesterday.

For those people who are complaining about the $99 upgrade fee, are going to continue using FM3 until it doesn’t work any more, and refuse to move up to FM4, all I can say is that they don’t know what they’re missing. This isn’t “just” an upgrade – it’s got so many new features that even though it has the “look and feel” of FM3, it’s almost a completely new app. Can you say “layers?” That alone has given FM4 the creative boost it needed. I’m already working on a slideshow with multiple images, panoramas, multiple animations per slide, tricky text options. None of that can be done in FM3. There are other features too numerous to mention. Let the complainers live in the past – I’m moving forward with FM4. It’s fantastic.

I reluctantly purchased FM4 because I use it for client projects throughout the year - but I join with those on here who have pointed out the absurdity of Boinx’ current pricing scheme. Will I still use the product? Certainly - but every time I do, I’ll be reminded of the slap in the face I’ve received from Boinx for supporting their products for years. At least I can now start recommending to my students, clients, colleagues and friends that they purchase anything other than Boinx products.

$99 for an upgrade from previous version? That’s pretty steep for not a lot of new stuff.

I have had so much trouble in the past with timelines getting messed up and crashes and trying to get a consistent experience with this app that I feel Boinx owes it to me to get this upgrade for free or, at least, a whole lot less than $99. I’m not willing to risk the $99 just to see if these bugs are really squashed in v4. Your loyal customers have helped you develop this new version and have worked through the difficult issues with the old version. Throw us a bone here.

Boinx, what are you doing to us loyal customers? I purchased a license for Fotomagico 3 Pro (before 9/9/12) and you’re telling me I have to pay the same price to upgrade as a new customer buying a new license? Come on guys. Who is making your pricing decisions? They’re obvious not as in-touch with your customers as your product development team – you have great products. I’m disappointed and would upgrade but not at the price of a new license – that’s not an upgrade at all!

If I paid full price for v3.8.8 Pro less than two weeks before you released v4 do I still have to pay full price again??? That seems more than a little unfair… oh, and your link to the sales email does not load a page either. There must be some flexibility for this short a time frame, surely?

It is interesting that no one from Boinx has made the effort to respond to any of the comments listed here. The standard procedure in the software industry is to offer an upgrade price significantly lower than the regular purchase price. Boinx obviously has decided that they didn’t care for their loyal customers. Too bad!

I bought FM 3 Pro just 2,5 weeks ago.
It ain’t bad but still has tons of bugs.
And I’m not willing to spent 99 bucks once again for a better bugfix.
Sorry to say, but “PictureToExe” for Windows got almost everything that FM lacks.
And I’m afraid, I’ll have to return in this direction (i.e using PTE in a virtual machine).

Liebe boinx-Leute

hier noch mal auf Deutsch, denn das versteht ihr ja auch:
Was ihr da betreibt, ist eine üble Abzocke an ehrlichen Kunden.
FM 3.x ist, wie ihr selber wisst, ein gutes Stück Software für den Mac, aber leider immer noch recht fehlerhaft.
Und es ist nicht einzusehen, für ein besseres Bugfix 99$ hinzublättern
(schon gar nicht, wenn man erst vor 14 Tagen für die Version 3 bezahlt hat).

Nehmt euch ein Beispiel an den Machern von PicturesToExe für Windows,
denn die bieten eine Menge Features, die ich bei euch gern sehen würde
und haben überdies sehr faire Updatekonditionen.

Solche Updatekapriolen wie bei euch findet man allenfalls noch bei M$ aus Seattle.
Selbst Apple bietet ein Update für Mac OS-X für kleines Geld an.
Und ihr meint mal eben so noch mal richtig zuschlagen zu können und zu müssen?
Ich hätte nicht wenig Lust, diese Story mal in der c’t unter “Vorsicht, Kunde” einzureichen.

Und bittet räuspert euch endlich mal, sonst nimmt die Kundschaft Reissaus…

Ach, noch was.
Ihr seid eine deutsche Firma aus dem schönen Bayern, aber nur auf Englisch ansprechbar?
Habt ihr keine Ahnung davon, wie bedeutsam der deutsche Markt ist?

This is BULS!@# I purchased FotoMagic 3 Pro a few months ago and now you want another $99 to upgrade? This is unacceptable no matter how one looks at it. I haven’t even used the 3 Pro version I purchased yet. I am not paying another $99 however I will post all these complaints on one of my sites that exposes software makers that exploit VIA the App Store as a blanket to STEAL money. There is noway anything in 4 is worth paying another $99 only a few short months after paying that huge sum of money for 3 Pro.

As I recall there were what 3 or 4 tiers ranging from inexpensive to the very expensive 3 Pro and now everyone pays the same price and gets the whole shebang? In the meantime those of us that paid the grossly high price for 3 Pro in the last few months has to pay yet again to get what everyone has? The only way to explain that is thievery and out right stealing!

This will for sure be addressed in the public eye!

–Kimmie M Sharon
KMS ROX - Founder/President
http://www.kmsrox.com

boinx is a German software company.
And “c’t” is the most important German computer magazine.
“c’t” has a special subject area called “Danger, customer!”, where you
can complain about customer unfriendly behaviour of IT companies.

I’think, I’ll inform the “c’t”-guys about boinx’s impertinent upgrade policy
and hope they will publish it.
Please have a look at http://www.heise.de/thema/Vorsicht-Kunde
(sorry, but only in German)

PS: Given I am in the music industry and create a lot of video’s yet still have not used the FM V3 Pro yet is proof there are other apps out there able to do the job. I will be, as I stated, posting all this very soon and along the way I will be speaking to the many colleagues of music studios/film studios to stay away from this product.

For those of you below that are stead fast with FM 4 upgrade price should know that not all companies do the all or nothing with the App Store. Many software creators will continue to have an upgrade version on their site while new purchasers are forced to use the App Store. Those like BOINX are hiding behind the App Store policy to rip off, steal and rob their loyal customers. The ONLY way BOINX will pull out of this one is to give the FM V3 Pro users a break. I purchased FM 3 then upgraded to FM 3 Pro, spending a good bit, in very recent months, and I’ll be damn if I upgrade again at full price! I have already spent more than the software cost at full current price over the last few months just for FM V3 then the upgrade to FM V3 Pro.

I must say although I am in the US I work with many many many outside the US, especially in Germany and I have to agree with your German customers that are outraged at the way you have blown them off like they do not count.

SHAME ON YOU BOINX! If one were inclined BOINX could most definitely be a metaphor for what you are doing to your customers which is a bend over and F!@# them.

–Kimmie M Sharon
KMS ROX - Founder/President
http://www.kmsrox.com

Website’s where all these posts will be displayed and why will be posted here soon as I get them up… I have a lot of cutting and pasting to do. I will post the English and German posts.

Then please also post that not everybody agrees your opinion Kimmie… Nobody robs or steals here. Just like it or leave it…