Third Party tools to use with mimoLIve

Hi friends, I’ve started a list of third party tools that are useful in combination with mimoLive:

Do you have any other tools you use regularly with mimoLive?

3 Likes

Virtual Director looks amazing. I had wondered for a few years when someone would do that. You can already get dedicated tripod mount cameras that follow a radio tag. the company who makes them had videos of Surfers using them in the promo a few years ago. (though who stops people on the beach stealing your camera I’m not sure). And you can get AI sports reporting apps that use the detailed statistics from a sporting event (player & team stats) to generate a match report. You can get AI voice from text… Soon you won’t need the humans at all except to set the gear and software up!

just noting from down under that they’re an NZ outfit, not Australian.

I think @achim has used ngrok to remotely control mimoLive on a distant Mac. Would love to know more about how to set that up. I could use it in the future to operate a broadcast from the other side of Australia.

Thanks for the note. I have corrected the oversight.

Yes, ngrok isn’t easy to set up and a tutorial is on the todo list… If I ever muster the courage to try it myself! :wink:

1 Like

Thank Olivier,
I didn’t know Internet Clicker. This is what I was looking for to enrich my shows. Thanks

where is the tutorial oliver? @Oliver_Boinx

It turns out, I’m a coward! :wink:

Sorry for the delay, there is a lot of documentation in need of writing.

1 Like

Hello there, @Oliver_Boinx!

First of all, thank you very much for the “super user” reference on your Third Party Collaborations list! :smiley::pray::heart: #keeplearning

I would certainly add Keyboard Maestro to your list. Not only it can be used for something as simple as sending keystrokes into mimoLive, which enable the creation of custom iPad remote controls using TouchOSC + OSCulator, but it can also be used to send HTTP commands using the API. There are a lot of interesting use cases, such as periodic routines (for example, to refresh a subscriber count which doesn’t need to be updated in real time) and also more complex, multi-step routines (to control intro sequences, automatic camera switching and so forth).

All the best,
@profgustavoreis

1 Like

Hi Gustavo, Absolutely! What an oversight. I’ve added Keyboard Maestro. I hope my description is accurate.

the multi step sequence controller is something i used to dream about in the BonxTV days. that was before we even had layer sets (which i requested i think).

1 Like