Text pasting without background

I’m trying to paste a text (e.g. from Wikipedia) into a text box on a photo but I always get a white background and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Also, the text shows up very small. How can I paste text without (with transparent) background and preferably without formatting or at least how can I remove the background?

I spent at least 20 minutes trying to get what you wanted to do to work, and I had the same results. I tried copying from a Wiki site, and from other sites as well, but text seems to come in with a white background and I couldn’t find a way to get rid of it, either. As for the size of the text, just make sure the text block is selected then go to the Options panel and under the Text submenu drag the Size slider to the right (or click on the size box and enter the point size you want).

I also tried copying and pasting the text into TextEdit and then saving the text out as a file and importing it (actually dragging and dropping the file) onto a slide – but got the same result. If I actually started a NEW TextEdit doc and typed text in by hand, then did the same thing as above, it comes in as thought you’re typing it directly into a text block in FotoMagico.

Over the years that I’ve used FM, I guess I ALWAYS have typed text directly onto a slide from scratch and never found the need to copy and paste, so the issue never came up.

This definitely needs to be addressed in an update. Copying and pasting text and making changes to the text characters (color, size, font, etc.), along with the background of the text block, should always be consistent across Mac OS.

Thank you for testing and verifying this issue.

I went back and tried testing a bit more today. I just went to some random website – NOT Wiki – copied some text, and pasted it into a text block in FM and it worked as expected. The background WAS NOT WHITE – and the text was able to be colored and the background changed to my choices.

I then went to a Wiki site (again), copied and pasted the text into FM, and it misbehaved, just as you noted. I took that same text, pasted it into a Word document, SAVED IT out AS PLAIN TEXT, then opened that file in TextEdit, copied it, and pasted it into a text block in FM. It worked. That’s a pain in the butt, for sure, but I’m guessing it has to do with Wiki and copying text from that site (at least THAT site, anyway – I’m sure there are thousands of others), and it’s coming in as RTF (Rich Text Format).

Sooooooo, I think it has to do with how the text is being formatted in Wiki (or other) pages.

I suppose some type of ability to select text from within FotoMagico itself and assigning it as PLAIN TEXT would be the easiest fix, removing whatever formatting was applied to the text when it was copied and pasted. Then the user can change the font, size, color, and background as needed.