Syncing Video/Audio - suggestions for a trial user

Hi all. I’m struggling with how to use the MimoLive toolset to put together a live stream I have in mind. Two or three coaches talking volleyball with the ability to respond to comments live. I can’t seem to keep the video and audio in sync.

I like the promise of a more polished production but right now I could use some help. Here’s an example of my testing. I’m hoping for your thoughts on Wharton’s I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

You can use the AV-Sync to synchronize your sources.

In MimoLive, go to your Layers and add a layer called AV Sync. Follow the links and helpfiles for further explanation on how to use, but it’s great :wink:

Fantastic! I’ll try it out this weekend. Thank you very much!

You’re welcome.

Found the link:

Have fun and let me know how it went.

UPDATE: The AV Sync Meter is very good for helping to deal with stable mismatches of audio and video feeds. However, that turns out not to be my problem. I’ll be streaming to YouTube from my 2018 Macbook Pro and showing a stable stream in the performance section and my main camera (Lumix GX-85 that has no audio input) and my main mic (Rode VideoMic going into an ATEM Mini) go from being in sync to out of sync. Occasionally, they will sync back up. The streams include a second laptop using mimoCall and a phone using mimoReporter. Both those apps stay in sync perfectly.

Any ideas of why my main camera gets out of sync? This does not happen in Zoom, Skype, Facetime and others. So I’m at a loss right now.

Thanks again KHLo for the suggestion.

1 Like