Subscription model?

Having purchased updated and repurchased updates whilst enjoyed using fotomagico form V2 to 5. Great to see it come to the iPad.
Not so great is the subscription only option which users are forced into nowadays…
I will be reluctant to subscribe to this and carry on using my full purchased Mac version…
What are people’s thoughts on this trend of subscription based software…

2 Likes

I only use subscriptions for newspapers etc. At € 40 a year, the iPad version of Fotomagico is far too expensive. Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer costs € 55 as a Mac version and € 22 as an iPad version (one time charge).
I cannot compare Fotomagico with the Adobe CC Photo subscription, because it contains some products (Photoshop Win and Mac, Photoshop iPad, Lightroom Win, Mac, browser and iOS, cloud storage, …).
So far I am very satisfied with the desktop version of Fotomagico (version 5) (components are missing, which I have already described in the forum). If FM 6 is only offered as a subscription version, I will unfortunately say goodbye to Fotomagico. (By the way, I also use Wings 7 from Stumpfl for large presentations).