Stuttering multiview in v6.4

Since somewhere between v6.3.1 and v6.4b10 (also now in final release v6.4) multi-view video previews are stuttering (approx. 10fps). As the output, as well as the recordings, are good (25fps as expected), it seem to be a cosmetic thing only.
But; at todays live production, this caused me to switch back to v6.3.1. It just looks like a bug or at least something is not working as expected.

Compared to v6.3.1 video processing has been significantly reduced (which is good) but I hope not with the cost of this multi-view stuttering…?

HI @Andy-R Thanks for reporting your findings! Just to clarify: you are using the Multiview window or the preview of the switcher layer? (Sorry that this is so confusing, for clarification, could you please post a screenshot of the view that is stuttering?)

There might be some stuttering when drawing to the screen because we have prioritised the Output destinations to make sure the stream or recording or SDI playout is perfect. While this is “cosmetic”, it isn’t acceptable because it creates uncertainty for the users. We’re very eager to fix it.

Compared to v6.3.1 video processing has been significantly reduced (which is good) but I hope not with the cost of this multi-view stuttering…?

We’ve made some significant changes to how mimoLive uses threads to manage workload. This has resulted in higher performance, but apparently has some unintended consequences elsewhere.

Hi @Oliver_Boinx
Here you’ll find a screenshot of the view I’m using:

Normally the cameras of course are different :slight_smile:
Hope this helps to narrow it down.

I’m happy to read you’re eager to fix this - it made me unconfident for todays production, which was the reason I posted it here.

same issue here… really annoying

Experiencing the same thing after updating to 6.4. The output seems to be okay though.

We believe the issues have been addressed in the latest beta release, 6.5b1. Could you please test with this new version and let us know if it resolves your problem? You can find it here: https://boinx.com/connect/mimolive/versionhistory/latestbeta. We value your feedback and are here to support you in resolving any persisting issues.

After testing, the problem seems to be resolved here.
Many thanks for this @Achim_Boinx !

1 Like