Streaming stopped after about 4 hours?

Two days in a row my streaming has stopped after about 4 h 30 minutes. No indication from “Live Streaming” window. Everything seems normal. Is there a setting in MimoLive, is it a bug, is there an issue with my streamingprovider? Any ideas?

@Erik Thank you for using mimoLive. Some providers impose a time limit on the stream. If it stops after the same time every time, this is an indicator of such a limit. What provider were you streaming to?

It is Screen9.com, and after contact with their technical support they suspect it’s my application (i.e. MimoLive). They can see in their log files that the “DTS-time” (an internal time stamp in the stream) “exceeds 24 bits exactly when the streaming stops”. I have no clue what that means, but it stops the stream for the viewers, for sure. The solution both times was to click “Stop Show” and then “Start Show” again.

I have been recommended to test to stream via another CDN, for example YouTube, and I will have a go tomorrow, and come back with my findings.

Can you guys confirm that there is no “kill switch” time limit setting in MimoLive that I have missed. I doesn’t make sense, but I need to ask.

@Erik Indeed the Screen9.com tech support feedback sort of makes sense, although the limit should be way beyond 4 hours. As a workaround, what frame rate are you streaming? You can try to reduce that to get a longer time for the same amount of frames.

Although there is no time limit in mimoLive, the way RTMP streaming works may be imposing a limit. mimoLive handles this correctly with Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and other platforms where you can stream a whole day without this issue.

Screen9.com seems to be an exception. Can you give me their contact and we will try to resolve this with them.

I was streaming 720p25 2,5 Mbit/s first day, and then increased to 4,0 Mbit/s. Their support contact is: customersupport@screen9.com

@Eric The support at screen9 helped to solve the issue. In the upcoming version mimoLive will be able to stream to screen9 as long as you wish! :slight_smile:

It was the same issue with Twitch so this is solved too.

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks! This is then fixed in the latest version 4.3.1 (26329), so I understand it correctly.

@Erik The problem is fixed in mimoLive 4.4b1 and onwards.