Standalone player problems with FotoMagico

I’m not able to make a standalone player from my slide show. I get a message that says the show is “damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.” I’ve gotten this on two shows. What’s wrong with this?.

The problem is, that a certain “quarantine” flag isn’t removed from the stand alone app as it should be so that the MacOS thinks the exported Standalone Player is malware and warns you by this message. This flag usually gets set if you download something from the web. We think this issue is resolved with FotoMagico 4.4.1. Which version are you running?

I can produce a standalone file that will run on the Mac but when I try and create an M4V to run on an iPad I get a message at the end which says the file is damaged and should be move to the trash. I am running 4.4.1.

@johnlord: The message “Move … to the trash” comes from the MacOS-X only, but this will only be shown for executable programs (like the Standalone Player). If you are exporting M4V files and you checked “open after export” FotoMagico will try to tell Finder to open the movie file with another application. Please try to uncheck the “open after export” option in the export dialog. Does this help to avoid the error message?

@johnlord: The message “Move … to the trash” comes from the MacOS-X only, but this will only be shown for executable programs (like the Standalone Player). If you are exporting M4V files and you checked “open after export” FotoMagico will try to tell Finder to open the movie file with another application. Please try to uncheck the “open after export” option in the export dialog. Does this help to avoid the error message?

You can repair FotoMagico Standalone players that cause this warning using a little helper tool we created. See http://boinx.com/connect/fotomagico/knowledge/export/WS100087
We’ll ship a fix in the next version.