Standalone Player generated with 4.3.1 shows blank output when played on Lion 10.7.1

Hello,

I recently updated Fotomagico to 4.3.1 from the Mac Store. Now, Standalone Player is having problems playing back on Lion 10.7. Playback just shows a white screen (no images) with audio.

I tested playing Standalone Player slideshows generated with prior version and they do not have this issue. It seems like only Standalone Player with the new version has this problem. Please help.

Thanks,
Ed

I just tested this and it works for me. Can you please check if the “console” application show some suspicious output when running the Standalone Player?

BTW: Are you able to update your system to 10.7.5?

I’ve just the same issue, exept system is 10.7.5 and the screen is not white but black

@utzw:

1. Can you advance to any slide by the cursor keys in the Stand Alone Player when it only shows the black screen?
  2. Does a newly created single image slideshow also only shows a black screen in the Stand Alone Player?
  3. Can you create a small version of your project that also shows this issue and send it to us?
  1. no
  2. yes
  3. can you tell me an email where i can send it to?

In the meantime I got the following answer from your support:
Dear Lutz,

Thank you for contacting Boinx Software Support Team.

Standalone Player uses Quicktime to display the slideshow, since there’s different versions of Quicktime in different versions of Mac OS we cannot guarantee playback on versions of Mac OS other then the one used on the Mac where the Standalone Player file has been created. If you need your slideshow to be 100% compatible with all versions of Mac OS, we recommend sharing it as HD video.

Feel free to write us back if any questions arise.

Best Regards,
Nick Black,
Support Team,
Boinx Software Ltd.

Lutz wrote:
If you are seeking help with a problem, please describe the Actions you performed:

I’m genereating presentations as standalone player on an iMac with 10.8.5.

What happened?

This standalone player works well an the iMac with 10.8.5. Playing it on an Mac mini with 10.7.5 plays the audio well, but is showing only a black screen. The player plays the whoöe show and then stops normally. All the time the screen is black.

What did you expect to happen?

Displaying my presentation

What version do you use?