Standalone file on network drive will not open

After creating the slideshow and sharing via the standalone option. I then copy the file to my network drive to allow other macs on the network to see the slideshow, but I am not able to open the show. I get an error saying I am not able to open the file due to I not have permissions. When checking the file’s permissions, it shows Read/Write by everyone. Any idea what is going on? The original file on my internal drive runs fine.

Sorry, this is the actual error message:
“Check with the developer to make sure “file name” works with this version of Mac OSX. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OSX”

Please compress/zip the standalone player before copying it to the network drive. Then uncompress it there and it will play fine.

Ok, this worked if I copied the zip file back down to the playing machine first, then uncompress. The file will not uncompress while still on the network drive. Is there a explanation somewhere so I can understand why this works this way?

The network storage file system might not be able to handle the application bundle of the standalone player correctly. If you compress it beforehand it is packaged up in an archive that can not be “broken” by the network storage.