SOLVED How to set zoom on all images to 120%. AKA How to prevent zoom on all images

I am new to Fotomagico (well, I used it 13 years ago).
Importing images sets Zoom at 167%. How do I stop that so I can see the whole image for every image. Adjusting each of 300 images is not an option. I am not interested in animations and have this turned off.

I have tried selecting all images but zoom adjustment occurs on only the first image.

MacOS. Apple Silicon. FM 6.6 and 6.5.8.

I found this https://boinx.com/connect/fotomagico6/knowledge/authoring/WS01506?search=zoom

From 2009 and not relevant to version 6.

Thank you.

Hi, rtm –

Before you start to import anything, in the main menu go to “Slideshow” > “Animation Assistant…” > and you’ll get the window shown below. Just make sure you have the LAYER ZOOM options for both Horizontal and Vertical images set to “Fit to Stage” – when you import images, they will automatically size respectfully to fit the vertical or horizontal limits of your stage.

If you know you have square or panoramic images, you can also set those to “Fit to Stage” as well – otherwise they will expand beyond the width or height of the stage to maximally fit the width, and the top and bottom will extend beyond the stage limits.

If you have already imported your images, you can select those images you want to adjust from the timeline (either one at a time or just by dragging over a bunch of them), then do a right-click and select Animation > Assistant… > and then change the parameters just as described above, click “Apply” and all of your images will adjust accordingly.

Hope that helps…

I just realized that you kinda asked TWO questions and the goal is to do two different things. The subject is “How to set zoom on all images to 120%”. But in your query you ask “…How do I stop that so I can see THE WHOLE IMAGE for every image.”

Well, you can’t do both :frowning: And, there is no way to set a SPECIFIC zoom percentage for all imported images. You can do as I originally described and you’ll get THE WHOLE IMAGE fitting on the stage. But if you want 120% specifically, you’ll have to adjust the zoom level for each slide image manually, and in doing so you MAY NOT end up displaying the whole image (parts will fall off the stage).

Just wanted to clarify that…

Hi ,
Thank you for both replies. I’ll quickly answer the second: 120% was the number I came up with that allows landscape images to fit but I could not apply it to all images. It would not apply to all selected images, just the first. It is not a separate question.
Your first reply looks to be the ‘correct’ solution to my problem and I will look at that, thank you.

Thank you.
I have tried the ‘Before you start to import’ and that works perfectly. (I had deleted my project and used iMovie). I expect the ‘If you have already imported’ would work perfectly, too.

Glad that helped…sometimes you just have to experiment with choices to find the right one that works…

True, but I did not find it in any manual and I did not want any animations so I did not look in Animation Assistant.