Simple Slideshow Mov not sharp? In Final Cut Pro my mov is sharp?

Making Mov files to be played on usb drives on TV. I making simple slide images with dissolve and all I want is small file size mov file. I am outputting to QuickTime Movie selection using no audio and Compression Type H.264 or MPG4 or Jpg and high to Best Quality. These are 20 images, sized at 1920 x 1080. I want the file size to be 20mb or so?

I’ve tried every setting I can to get a “Sharp” mov file. Every file I create is blurry or not sharp. I even tried using the Sharpen Filter. I can get the file sizes down to 30 mb and even the 100 mb mov’s are not sharp.

So I took the same images into Final Cut Pro and outputted to the same Quicktime Movie selection using H.264, same dissolve and my Final Cut Pro Mov is sharp and looks great.

I’m using version 2.64, so is the newer version 3x better at saving to the Quicktime Mov files and sharper? I really like FotoMagico so I’d like to find out what I’m doing wrong?

Can you upload your FotoMagico document and your result video somewhere and send us the link to support(at)boinx.com? Please refer to this forum thread. I would be glad to have a look at it. Thank you!

Whether Final Cut Pro can import and edit MOV or not, it all depends on what codec inside the .mov files. MOV is a video container format which may contain different codecs like DV, HDV, XDCAM, DNxHD, ProRes, DVCPRO, MPEG-4, H.264 etc.

If the codec is Final Cut Pro supported one like ProRes or DV, Final Cut Pro will import that kind of MOV. If the codec is Final Cut Pro unsupported one like H.264 or MPEG-4 which is highly-compressed and not suit for editing with non-linear video editing software, Final Cut Pro won’t import those of MOV files for editing.

In order to successfully import all kinds of MOV files into Final Cut Pro, we had better convert MOV to Final Cut Pro more compatible format at www.idealshare.net/imovie-fcp/mov-to-final-cut-pro.html