Sequential data source

Hi - we’re getting ready to stream a graduation ceremony. We’ve been asked to have the name of the graduate appear in a lower-third as they receive their diploma.

Is there any slick way to run through a list of names (manual toggle is ok) without having to create 100+ layer variants by hand? Ideally, there would be a data input box (like the score layers) where the list could be pasted, and then you toggle between lines.

Assuming this is more custom layer territory, but doesn’t hurt to ask… :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Sheldon

1 Like

@Sheldon Thanks for using mimoLive! This is a very interesting requirement that hasn’t occurred to us yet. How long before the ceremony?

I do something like that with xml importer! When i change the index i change the lines! I can share with you want! Or can help with the quartz composer to you make your composition!

@“Oliver (Boinx)” this specific use case may not have occurred to you before but I have requested on several occasions to add functionality where text fields can be filled from reading an xml file…

@chrisis If I understood your requests correctly, you wanted to do something different from Sheldon in that you wanted to edit the XML files (or have them updated by a script) and have the content in mimoLive updated when the file changed?

@“Oliver (Boinx)” both use cases are similar: we both want a text field to be filled by reading from a file, rather than having to type the text in ourselves.

I now do this using vMix since the functionality was never provided in MimoLive. vMix allows me to keep a spreadsheet of data - team names, results tables, scores, even what logo to use when I select a specific team for a scoreboard. Updates are done in Excel that carry through to all fields that require the updates. All read by the various text fields for full screen or lower third or scoreboard output. I make 1 change in excel and everything picks up the update.

Late reply to this one… Agree with Chrisis - it’s the ability to edit an external data source and have it populate into Mimo. Whether it’s a CSV, XLS, Google Sheet, or ???, bulk data changes are helpful. Even a list like some of the sports layers - basically a big text box in Mimo that reads in row-by-row would be helpful.

Very much like a variable string in programming. Interesting.

Working at a school in Australia we would also like this feature. We wanted to replace our Green screen powerpoint which has Names, Job Title or Group Title, and what the person is talking about or receiving with MimoLive but it seems to be built for very small changes with regards to the volume of Lower Wipes. If we have a Student group say 210 students all receive an award to place names and awards would take forever without having some sort of integration to sheets or excel etc.

@“Steven Kilpatrick” It’s on our list.

Hi Oliver!

As we’re in graduation season again … thought I’d reach out on this one. Assuming it’s still on the list.

Just wondering if there were any other suggestions on the best way to do this, other than @Steven_Kilpatrick 's green screen powerpoint (which we’re currently doing too).

Just wondering - never hurts to ask! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

HI all, bumping this conversation up coz I had exactly the same event whereby I needed to populate a list of lucky draw winners on the fly. It would be great for Mimolive to be able to look into a data source like excel or google sheets and auto populate, instead of having to create a lot of variants.

Is there a method to do it? Thanks!

1 Like

I can really use something like to.

I had something similar to do. I built everything (background layers, etc) in MimoLive. Then I did all of the names in a powerpoint file (imported from Excel). I brought the Powerpoint computer in as an NDI, keyed the name over the existing background and made it “SLICK” by using automation to add any delays, etc to the composite.

Hope that helps…s

we need a better way to do this. the sports data source is ok but is very limited. we need to be able to adjust picture size position, add fields make it all very customisable.

We need a source to input all data: pictures, names, ages along with what ever other field, then in layer properties put it how we want it to show up.

1 Like