SDI Playout of MimoCall changes resolution based on incoming

I’ve noticed that when playing out a mimocall source via SDI on a blackmagic Decklink card, the output will scale based on the resolution coming in, however if you do a local record of the same source, it does not scale but instead remains constant to the project resolution setting. Can anyone explain why this is happening and if there is a solution to fix?

Hi @Brade Thanks for reporting this.

It’s happening because the output destinations handle this problem differently when they should all use the same method. The problem is if you do ISO recording or playout, do you want the original source resolution or do you want the document resolution? This is not trivial, so maybe adding a choice would be the best way?

@Brade Workaround: Use a Scale & Transform filter on the mimoCall Source to set the requested resolution.

Thanks Oliver that workaround is a big help. I think if given the choice, I would prefer that the output destinations handle the scaling the same as the file recording. But knowing that the scale feature works on the SDI playout solves the issue for now.

The problem is if you do ISO recording or playout, do you want the original source resolution or do you want the document resolution?

This should be an option in output sources, IMO, simply to remove this ambiguity.