Q&A layer : Twitch source?

Hey everyone,

I tried to search as much as I could, but couldn’t find anything regarding this.

We’re using the awesome mimoLive for our NPO, and we love the Q&A layers and comments, but it seems that we’re able to use them only with Facebook and YouTube.
Also, as Twitch Affiliates, we’re exclusively livestreaming to Twitch, and couldn’t find any way to use the Twitch source for the Q&A.

Is there any way to use the Twitch source for the Q&A, or to workaround the issue?

Thanks!

@Oliver_Boinx I’m sorry to tag you directly, and upping the post without any answer yet, but we’re planning a dry run soon and we’d like to have a Q&A on Twitch. Any workarounds as Twitch’s chat can’t be fed into the Q&A layer of mimoLive?

Thank you very much!

PS: By the way, we tried the automation layer. Really great job on that one, we could make so much awesome things with it!

Hi @Bastien_Vide1 mimoLive has a layer for Twitch chat which isn’t tied into the comments system due to technological challenges. Have you tried that?

A workaround could be to use the Annotation layer and web form to fill it remotely included in this example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2wtrmc6sskyc3y/Set%20Annotation%20Text%20Example.zip?dl=0

(Note that you will have to edit the API Endpoint if you add the Annotation layer to your document)

I’m sorry that I haven’t gotten around to documenting this yet, but maybe it helps you anyways.

Hi @Oliver_Boinx! Thank you for taking time to answer me.
We’re aware of the Twitch chat layer and we already use it! What we like in the comments system is that we can really select single comments to display on the screen.

I still hope Twitch and other sources could be able to be included in the comments system in the future.

I’ll have look at the annotation layer. Anyway, we’ll copy paste the Twitch comments inside a Lower Third layer!

Thank you again for taking the time to answer me. Everybody enjoys mimoLive (even people used to broadcast with more “classical” encoders or hardware) in our NPO!