problems with conversion from boinxtv to mimolive

we have some special for us developed courses by cinekid on boinx
when i start the boinx template it asked me to convert to mimolive
everything is converting but mimolive cannot find the sources
so the layers are o.k. but they all show black
when i goto the map where the sources are and i select one, apple do a conversion of the movie,
when i import those movies as sources mimolive accept about 6 movies and then mimolive become very slow
the movies are about 15 sec in length
is there a solution so i can use the boinx movies (without a conversion)?
how to let mimolive know where to look for these movies

The problem with those movies is that they can’t be played back by the modern movie playback in Mac OSX thats why the system is asking you to convert them. I recommend the following procedure:

• Find the original BoinxTV document in Finder
  • Make a duplicate of the file in order to have a back up just in case.
  • Right click on the original file to reveal a context menu
  • select “Show Package Contents”. You will get inside the BoinxTV document.
  • Navigate to the folder “Files”, there should be a lot of files with weird names.
  • Search for all „.movie“ files. Move them out of the folder to the desktop
  • Now open those movie files one by one with the QuickTime Player. It should show that it has to convert those files and open them in a window
  • After the conversion please save the movie files into the “Files” folder where you moved them out. Make sure that you name the file exactly as it was before (remove a “converted” if its present, also the file extension must be the same as it was before!)
  • In the end you should have all the movies you converted by QuickTime Player at the same spot as they were at the beginning.
  • Now open this document with mimoLive and check if all movies are playing correctly.

Hi Achim,

I did another approach but in the way you suggested, because i have the original files i build the whole course from the ground up into mimolive so i did a conversion of the files , renamed them as mov files and imported them as sources in mimolive , i found that some of the files took ages to be imported (the largest is 800Mb) i save the whole thing (again a long time ) and to my surprise at the end i got a dump stating that mimolive stopped unexpectedly with exception

xc_bad_access (sigsegv)
exception code kern-invalid-address at 0x000075dca882bec0
vm regions near the address malloc_nano and malloc-tiny.
application specific information : objc_msgSend() selector name: retain

so to look of the problem was the apple i have another apple here so a installed mimolive on the other apple but have the same result

so the problems are
very slow loading and saving
the biggest files > 300MB don’t show a continuous video
when stopping mimolive i get a unexpected stop of mimolive

for your info the files are not on the apple itself installed but on a NAS

I did some other tests and the time problems can be solved with a external disk on the apple instead of getting the files from a nas over cables(internal net)
the dump on the end stay the same.

We still have the problem that as soon as we stop mimolive everything is saved properly but on the very end we get a dump
xc_bad_access (sigsegv)
exception code kern-invalid-address at 0x000075dca882bec0
vm regions near the address malloc_nano and malloc-tiny.
application specific information : objc_msgSend() selector name: retain