Power Point screen goes black using vMix desktop capture

Hi all,

I’m running mimoLive on my mac pro and using vMix desktop capture (via another MacBook pro) to send a PowerPoint Pres. to mimoLive. When I switch layer sets or disable/enable the layer it turns black (as if its lost the connection). I then have to hit the spacebar on the MacBook pro to reconnect the feed. Is there a way to fix this? I’ve deleted and re-added the source but after a few minutes, it does it again… Thanks in advance…

Maybe another option is to use NDI Tools and grab the other machine via NDI Tools. Or you can import the presentation into Keynote, share it via Keynote Live and use the Webpage option in MimoLive to get the presentation in?

Thanks for the reply… I seem to be having a little better luck using Keynotes and NewTek Scan Converter. Although, it does crash a bit…

Here’s a question… I’m using a Magewell NDI to HDMI converter to stream the broadcast to projectors… I have all my layer transitions set to dissolve. When I switch to the main ptz camera, the video on the projector blinks once… I’ve switched every setting on the Magewell that I can think of but nothing works… When I move the HDMI to the MacPro (and reset the outputs in mimoLive) the prob. goes away… Any ideas why the (Highly Acclaimed) Magewell box would do this or do you think it’s a prob. between the transitions in mimoLive and the Magewell box?.. Thanks again from the Big Easy…

Just in case anyone else might need this fix… I bypassed all NDI Screen Capture software by using Mac’s own screen share software. I ran my MacBook Pro into my network, opened up screen share on my MacPro (streaming computer) and logged in with the IP address given to the MacBook Pro by the router. I then added screen capture as a source and selected the MacBook Pro. Works like a charm and very stable (as long as I don’t switch desktops on the MacBook Pro)…