Output Destination: Still Image (PGM or Source) to folder

After a show I always have to browse the full video to find some (screen) shots which I can post on Insta, Facebook or anywhere. It would be great to have a Still-Image-Output-Destination. Not only for concerts!

It would be cool to call this with Automation at certain moments or by hand with web control surfaces. Afterwards I could check/select the best shots to use for “promotion”.

I could also use this for a mimoLive in-document thumb-nail-generator, to create mimoLive-tasting thumb-nails for videos with text and so on. This would help me to avoid photoshop/gimp or others.

In general there is one production per day, so it would help me to save LOTS of time!

Here an example: mimoLive + MacOS-Screenshot of the PGM out:

PNG, TIF, JPEG?

What do you think?

1 Like

That is an awesome idea!

2 Likes

In the past, I have created a set of still images from the mid-point of a presentation of each slide. The process is very tedious and could be automated. Of course it depends on the slideshow as to whether or not this would be effective. The main problem I encountered was in “motion” slides e.g. panning across a panorama. My not very satisfactory workaround was to capture a beginning and ending frame. The difference in storage and communication requirements is quite surprising.

So the first question is can we automatically export the centre frame of each slide. Secondly can we export a video sequence for a slide which involves motion e.g. zoom and pan.

I put this in after reading JoPhi’s Feature Request.

I often need to send clients still images of Graphics Mock-Ups. Usually use a screen capture of the full screen output. This would be very helpful.

Funny thing: It seems that this is already implemented but is missing a user interface.

So, maybe not so far out.

1 Like

Currently I use PHP to save API’s image output to folder. For me this is solved.

Wow, that’s very clever!