No Luck With YouTube Social Media Setup

I can’t add YouTube to my social media Account preferences although I successfully enter the account user name and password, and authenticate with Google’s verification. Confused because mimoLive’s Preferences Accounts window has plus and minus icons to add or delete accounts, but these are greyed out. I was able to get Facebook going, but cannot add YouTube.

Hi @Danny_Grizzle That’s not good. What version of mimoLive are you using?

@Danny_Grizzle do you have a G Suite account? That’s my problem… have never been able to connect my google account to mimo because of it. Gmail account works fine, G Suite does not. I get this error when trying to connect YouTube:

mimoLive 5.9.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and a new iMac 5K 27-inch, 2020 3.8 Ghz 8-core i7 with 64GB RAM and AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB. This machine is dedicated to mimoLive

I’ve never seen this screen.

Just today I’m having the same issue. YouTube comments worked great last weekend but today I cannot get comments to show. I deleted my YouTube account to reconnect it. I can add my Google Account but cannot select the Live Chat I want to pull comments from. It’s just greyed out.

mimoLive Version 5.9.1 (29110)
Catalina 10.15.7
iMac Pro (2017)
3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.45.17 AM

Update to this. If I switch the content type to Live Broadcast Statistics or Channel Statistics, I can select the live stream I want to pull from. If I select Live Chat I cannot.

Any word on when YouTube comments will return?

Thanks.

2 Likes

@ToasterBoy , @Danny_Grizzle Thank you for reporting the issue and your patience. We have fixed a bug in 5.10 which impacted receiving comments from Youtube. Please provide feedback if the issue is fixed for you because we are currently improving Youtube comments handling and updating Youtube streaming because there have been additional API changes (from Youtube).

1 Like

Thank you. Comments are working again even before updating to 5.10. My viewers were happy! Thanks so much.

FYI @Oliver_Boinx if you were hoping this would address the G Suite login issue, it has not. I still can’t log in; I still get the same authorization error I’ve been reporting for months.

I’m not sure why Google reports that the app is unverified because we completed the verification process months ago, but there you go. It is difficult to get Google support.

However, there is a procedure to add unverified apps to your G-Suite account: Authorize unverified third-party apps - Google Workspace Admin Help

As in any IT environment, the admin is the king of the hill and can allow or deny anything you want to do… :slight_smile:

Just to double check: This is when you try to add a YouTube account, not a Boinx Connect account, correct? @PhotoJoseph