Mousposé

No comments, maybe because it just works… it’s just a wonderful teachers tool with no trouble, except is there a similar product for windows? It happens I get asked to teach in a windows environment and I feel lost without my spotlight.

A Mouseposé-like program for windows is PointerFocus, that you can get at http://www.pointerfocus.com

I don’t have personal experience with it but from the website it looks just like Mouseposé but for windows.

It would be a great addition to Mouseposé is it could add the feature(s) that Mouse Locator has (or maybe had since I can’t get to their home page at the moment so see http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17513/mouse-locator). Specifically the ability to spotlight the mouse after a specified time of inactivity.

Mousepose is great but cannot get the keystrokes display to act correctly.
It only displays modifier keys and nothing else. I have it activated and the filter is set to All keystrokes and Do not show: Mousepose hotkeys. Of course I tried all other filter combinations. Intel Mac Pro running latest Snow Leopard.
Don
don@newsvideo.com

it’s great! …but: where can i change the “F6”-hotkey? it conflicts with safaris F6 which i use a lot.

‘Open Settings Window…’, go to tab ‘Mouseposé’, click ‘Advanced…’, ‘Window Focus Toggle Hotkey’.

I tried out MousePosé a few years ago and just bought it recently, because its price in the App Store dropped (?).
I miss the feature, thought, that I’m pretty sure MousePosé had it in an earlier version (and that was the reason I bought it for):
When the mouse is moved after resting for time X, the hightlight appears for Y seconds. Very useful for finding the cursor on big or multiple (or both) screens.
Did I miss something?

I think that is almost precisely what I asked for earlier in this thread above (see anon June 16).

Oops, you’re right.
Seems that I mixed up these two Apps (and did not read this thread properly). Since Mouse Locator seems not to be acitvely developed any more, I hereby agree (again) with anon, that it would be a very useful additional function for Mouseposé.

Thanks for you feedback guys, this indeed sounds like a very useful addition. I have put it on our wish list and we will consider it for a future version.

Long time user. Every time I click software update in the program it tells me their is an update: version 3.2.2 (10781) available to download and update. It also says I have version 3.2.2 (10781M) I download and it installs and then says the same thing over and over again. Is this behavior normal?

We are aware of this and will fix it soon, sorry.

I haven’t bought Mousepose yet and I need someone to answer one question before I do: If I am running a presentation and using a data projector I am often walking around the stage/room with a remote controller in my hand to change slides. Is there a function in Mousepose which allows you to dim the screen and show a highlighted area from a remote device rather than having to return to the lecturn/laptop to press a key combination? Best regards everyone. Geoff

I have just installed Mouseposse and I am experiencing the same issue on MacOSX latest OS X release mentioned by Don Smith below.

How do I resolve this issue?

Only modifier keys showing, even though options is selected.

Mousepose is great but cannot get the keystrokes display to act correctly. It only displays modifier keys and nothing else. I have it activated and the filter is set to All keystrokes and Do not show: Mousepose hotkeys. Of course I tried all other filter combinations. Intel Mac Pro running latest Snow Leopard. Don don@newsvideo.com