Mousposè not working with M1 chip and Monterey 12.1

Hello,
I installed Mouseposè from the app store on macbook pro Max with M1 chip and Monterey 12.1 but it doesn’t start and it tells me to contact the supplier for a working version. How can this be solved? Thank you

The App Store version of Mouseposé is outdated and has not been for sale for a couple of years. You can still download it if you purchased it in the past, but that doesn’t mean that it will work on the current MacOS.

You can download and purchase Mouseposé 4 which is compatible with M1 and Monterey here: Mouseposé - Highlight your mouse pointer and cursor position | Boinx Software

I’m still not working; when I try to run it, no window appears. I’m using a 15-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 chip.

Is this whole product no longer supported? I’m on an M3 Mac and downloaded the latest version (4.3) but it doesn’t work at all. The app screen only opened one time, but the cursor highlighting never worked, and now the window doesn’t open at all. I’ve sent in an issue, but is there a way to get a refund?

Libby, I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues with Mouseposé. Of course, you can get a refund if we can’t resolve the problem, so no worries. Could you please check if an icon appears in the upper right menu bar to control Mouseposé once you’ve launched it?

Hello! Thanks so much for responding! I had to abandon mousepose for a few weeks while the semester began, and now I’m back and trouble shooting. I saw an empty community here and thought, “oh no, I think I just bought an old out of date product” haha.

HOWEVER! I just re-downloaded it again and I’ve finally gotten it working! Let me explain what happened in case it helps:
When I first downloaded it a few weeks ago my mac was brand new (M3 Macbook Pro), and clicking the app icon opened the settings menu for me, but I couldn’t click anything in the menu. For example, I could not type in the field to set the Toggle Hotkey, and I didn’t get an apple top bar menu for it. It did let me click “Activate” but I had no hotkey to toggle it on/off. I closed it, uninstalled the app, then re-downloaded it (I did this a few times), but I still got no menu. Clicking the app did nothing.

Today, I was able to download it again and I got the menu bar! I can also set my hotkey and it all works perfectly. I’m so glad! Maybe a MacOS update? I think I updated Sonoma between then and now. This is going to be so helpful with teaching programming! Please let me know if there are any other details I can give that could be helpful.

Glad it worked out! Thanks for your feedback, I will keep an eye on it.