Moire flickering when zooming and buildings

Hello
When I have recordings of buildings with bricks (for example the town hall in Bremen or the Bremen Cathedral from the inside, i.e. many fine evenly structured lines) and zoom in during the view as an animation by about 10 to 20%, I always have a kind of moiré flicker on the bricks.
The images are large enough 45 MP and displayed in 4K. The computer is fast enough. It doesn’t matter whether the presentation is running on the Macbook monitor or on an external 27-inch monitor.
I have just recreated this with Wings X. The graphics engine seems to be better here, because I have no moiré flickering when using Wings X.
My wish would be that fotomagico could also cope with such images.
Best regards
Achim

Hallo
Wenn ich Aufnahmen von Gebäuden mit Backsteinen habe (zum Beispiel das Rathaus in Bremen oder den Bremer Dom von innen, d.h. viele feine gleichmäßig strukturierte Linien) und während der Ansicht als Animation so ca. 10 bis 20% reinzoome, dann habe ich an den Steinen immer eine Art Moiré Flimmern.
Die Aufnahmen sind groß genug 45 MP und Darstellung auf 4K. Der Rechner ist schnell genug. Egal, ob die Präsentation auf dem Macbook Monitor oder auf einem externen 27 Zoll Monitor läuft.
Ich habe das gerade einmal mit Wings X nachgestellt. Hier ist die Grafik-Engine scheinbar besser, denn ich habe kein Moiré Flimmern bei Nutzung von Wings X.
Mein Wunsch wäre, dass auch fotomagico mit derartigen Aufnahmen klar kommt.
Viele Grüße
Achim

I have the same problem. It always appears when there are lines in the picture and you drag into the picture. I also find this very annoying and would be happy if it could be fixed.
kubalibre

Thanks for the feedback. I will have engineering look into this.

Hallo Achim,
Ich untersuche das gerade und habe schon Hinweise. Kannst Du mir bitte eines Deiner 45MP Bilder schicken mit dem das Problem besonders gut sichtbar ist. Zoomst Du von 10% bis 20%, oder um 10%, also z.b. 80% bis 90%?

Hallo Peter
ich habe dir gerade eine Mail mit einem Link auf ein mit dir geteiltes iCloud Verzeichnis geschickt.
In diesem befinden sich Beipiele mit störendem Moire Flimmern (einschl der .fms Dateien).

Viele Grüße
Achim

The new version 6.5.4b2 available at Download Beta Preview - FotoMagico adds new controls for Deflickering in the Animation section of Image, Map, or Text Options. See screenshot. The default is “Automatic”. Switch to “Manual” if you need more control for some images, or to “Off” if you want to completely disable deflickering, e.g. when an image is not animated at all.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Thank you for your quick work.

I have just tried out the version. The flickering is largely gone. That’s very good.

However, I had the impression that some sharpness had been visibly lost. I even noticed this directly and without comparison.

I have sent you comparison hardcopies.

Achim

top 6.5.2, bottom 6.5.4b2

with Beta 3 there is better and more sharpness.

Achim