Missing Media - still no fix?

Yet another new beta with more improvements:

http://cdn.boinx.com/software/fotomagico/Boinx_FotoMagico_4.3b5-18543.zip

New is a better document recovery feature should work have been lost after a crash.

The missing file problem for me seems to be fixed with the new beta, and the latest 4.3b5 seems to have sorted out the music syncing with the photos. But my problem is still when I “share” to a Stand Alone, there is no sound. I cranked my volume on the amp to max and could vaguely hear it. The only way I can share it accurately is with Quicktime. Can somebody give me some suggestion as to why I don’t have sound?

For me since 4.3b4 there was no missing media problem anymore. Thanks now it works like it should.
René

@Gail: Do I understand this correctly: You hear the audio, but on a very low volume? Can you create a small Standalone Player package which shows this bug and send it to support(at)boinx.com so we can have a look at it?

@netrene: Thanks for reporting back!

Get the latest beta here:

http://cdn.boinx.com/software/fotomagico/Boinx_FotoMagico_4.3b6-18556.zip

Fixing missing media files has been made more robust for some existing slideshow documents.

The newest beta version worked for me. It quickly found the missing files, and I didn’t have to reposition all of them and change the movements. I also experienced some sound issues, but I discovered that the sound output for different songs within a slideshow had been changed to 50 or 60 percent. I changed them all to 100 percent and that fixed it.

I am concerned, however, that once you release the new version I’ll still get the missing file alert and have to locate them every time I make changes. At least the location is much easier to deal with though.

When will the beta version be pushed out as a regular release?

@HoosierCuse: If everything works out as expected we are going to release it this week. However AppStore-Customers has to wait for Apples approval for this release, which can take an additional week.

Great news. Thanks.

I just purchased directly from you and downloaded version 4.23. I have also experienced the missing media issue on my first project. I will download the new beta but just confused why you would give the buggy version to new customers to deal with?

@BCrose: We don’t let regular users doing beta testing for us. If you want to participate, go ahead and check the “include beta versions” option in the Software Update preferences of FotoMagico. We highly appreciate your feedback! However we are close to the public release of 4.3! :slight_smile:

The beta has fixed the issues I had. Still think you handled this badly by selling the buggy versions when you knew the problems. It would have been better to just say that it was being fixed and available in a week. A lot of extra work was created for your customers.

4.3 is released for our direct customers. The App Store release still ahs to wait for the regular App Store approval process.