Mimolive Stuttery Video capture from Decklink Duo 2

Hi guys,

I recently connected a Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 through a OWC thunderbolt 3 enclosure into my 1018 15" Macbook Pro. Connected a Pocket Cinema 4K thru HDMI to SDI converter into the Decklink and into Mimolive.

Mimolive sees the signal immediately but i’m not getting the correct framerate as the video input is stutters or jerky. Both camera and Mimolive settings are correct at 25FPS (changing FPS doesn’t improve the situation)

I have restarted the mac, running it on a single monitor, but still the issue persists. The virtual display out from mimolive to Zoom also stutters.

Blackmagic’s Media Capture Express, Quicktime Movie Capture and even Zoom, does not have this issue. Video is smooth.

What could be the possible solution for this? Thank you!

Hi @Gabriel_Ng This is a known issue. Please downgrade from Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.6 to version 11.5.1.

We’re working with Blackmagic to fix this issue.

This issue should be fixed in Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.7. @Gabriel_Ng Can you please check and let me know?

Hi Oliver, I was just about to mention that 11.7 makes the Decklink Duo 2 work beautifully. Buttery smooth capture into Mimolive. Thanks for following up on this! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting back! I’m glad to hear that it’s working now.