mimoLive on Macbook Air M1/M2? 🤔

Hello there,

I am on the market for a new Macbook. Ideally, I would consider a 14-inch Macbook Pro (M1 or M2 Pro, 16GB, SSD 512GB), but these configurations are incredibly expensive in Brazil. So I am considering getting a base model Macbook Air (M1 or M2, 8GB, SSD 256GB), which can be found for less than half the price of the Pros.

I understand this is far from an ideal configuration for mimoLive, but this notebook would be primarily used for basic tasks (web browsing, etc.), some video editing on Final Cut and very occasional live streams – no more than 1080p, 30fps, horizontal or vertical, single camera (maybe 2), some overlays and/or screen capturing every now and then. Multistreaming and mimoCalls would be very unlikely while on the road.

So I would like to kindly ask my fellow forum participants if you could share any experiences you might have had while using mimoLive on Apple Silicon with entry-level configurations.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you very much in advance and happy holidays!
Gustavo