mimoLive + New Blackmagicdesign products

Weeks later. Any updates on compatibility with new Blackmagic switchers? Ready to purchase…

I will be testing today with V2.9 update and will report back here.

Happy to report that MimoLive v2.9, BMD Atem controller layer is operational on the new Atem TVS HD. Thank You

Did they update the ATEM control layer? A mimoLive update shouldn’t make any difference.

Enhancement: Updated Black Magic Design API to version 10.9

Looks like the layer did not need updating.

@email.laurence.winston@gmail.com @“Jason Jenkins” We didn’t adress the ATEM TVS HD issue yet. So its very surprising to me that it work for Laurence again. Please can you double check? Also: Black Magic recently updated their drivers to 10.9.3 which fixed a different problem with the playout to Decklink Duo hardware but needed to do a firmware update on this hardware. Did you update your hardware firmware on the ATEM in question recently to this version? Maybe this fixed this problem too? @“Jason Jenkins” can you confirm the fix in any way?

Achim:

I would like to help, but a well-meaning co-worker sold my test unit out from under me while I was out of the studio. Hopefully, we will get another shipment in soon.

I got my hands on an ATEM TVS HD and was able to test it today with mimoLive 2.9.1. I’m running ATEM Switcher software v7.1.1, which is the latest. Laurence Winston was correct.

It works!

Several weeks later…still no OFFICIAL confirmation that it works. Money burning a hole in pocket. Boinx, is this still a priority? Any signs of life?

They’ve had a difficult time getting an ATEM TV Studio HD to test, but they will have one shortly. I know because I sent one to them :slight_smile: But, yes, it does work!

@Jackwagon Unfortunately, our TVS has been held up in customs. Sorry about the long silence. We expect it to arrive in the next few days.

However, if Jason says it works, it works. He is the leading expert on mimoLive and ATEM switchers.

Also, there is really no reason why it shouldn’t work as the specs for the communication published by Blackmagic have not changed. Obviously, it was a bug on BMD’s side which they seem to have fixed with the latest firmware and driver release.

We are fully committed to supporting the ATEM TVS HD. If there are more issues further down, it will certainly be a high priority for us to fix them.

I have updated to 2.9.1 and Black Magic Desktop 10.9.3 and my ATEM layer in ML still doesn’t work - Camera button labels don’t update, Transition buttons have no effect, etc.

At this stage I would like a refund for the ATEM layer. It doesn’t work and I will buy only when I can actually use it.

You need to update the ATEM software to 7.1.1.

FYI JUST RECIEVED FROM BMD

We wanted to let you know we have just discovered a bug in the original software that shipped with the new ATEM Television Studio HD and we are worried that users could see a problem when doing a live event. This bug was caused by the compiler we use to develop code running in the ATEM Television Studio HD.

No other models of ATEM switchers are affected and only modes before serial number 3722525 running software 7.0 or 7.1 are affected. The problem was fixed on the 16th of May with Switchers Update v7.1.1 and we would like to get the word out so everyone updates the software running on their switcher.

If you are running the new mode of ATEM Television Studio HD switcher and its not yet been updated to the latest Switchers Update 7.1.1 software, please go to the Blackmagic Design web site and download and install the latest software.

Regards,

Blackmagic Design Support

@winnie Thanks for sharing!

I’ve installed the latest switcher software (which is now 7.1.2) and I am still unable to control my ATEM using the buttons on the mimoLive ATEM layer.

You have the ATEM and the Mac networked and the ATEM IP address typed into the ATEM Control layer?

Yes, of course. And I’ve confirmed connectivity using the ATEM software on the MAC that I run mimoLive on.

Same for me, it’s don’t work with the 7.2 version