Mimocam - orientation, focus, exposure

Hi guys-

Doing a little testing with Mimocam, which in general seems pretty responsive with a low CPU hit. The ability to switch to the front-facing camera with a double tap is also pretty cool.

Couple questions / issues:

1. Is there any way to lock focus and exposure as you can with the built-in camera app? We mount the phone to guitars (see images below), and slight changes in player position can trigger unwanted changes in white balance and focus. Would be great to be able to lock this down.

2. Is there any way to lock orientation / rotation into landscape (i.e. non-vertical video) mode? The iPhone’s built-in rotation lock works for vertical but doesn’t appear to work for landscape. If I hold the phone in landscape and lock orientation, Mimocam output switches to portrait.

3. Is there any way to take the vertical/portrait orientation and align it to the edge of the screen? I see crop settings in the “Placer” object but I don’t see any X/Y position adjustment. Straight down the middle in vertical video mode isn’t too useful for us, but we use the following composition all the time, and it would be great to set up this kind of shot in Mimo:

portrait-split composition

1. Is there any way to rotate a video source in the “Placer” layer, so we can compose both portrait and landscape shots from the same video source? The split shot above, with the phone output running in portrait on the edge of the frame, is one we use all the time. But we also do full-screen landscape shots like this. Ideally we could set up both shorts and switch between them:

landscape composition

Thanks,

Troy