mimoCall crashing MimoLive when connecting to caller

Hey folks!

We’re having an issue with mimoCall. When I send the recipient the link, it actually crashes Mimo on my end (we’re testing this internally with our team before going live).

I see this has been an issue in other threads, but I do not see anything from recently. We are running Version 5.11, any thoughts or ideas why this might be happening? Thanks!

Hi @josh1 Thanks for reaching out. We’re investigating a few issues with mimoCall.

Are you on an Intel Mac with Monterey?

Hey @Oliver_Boinx yes we are, Intel w/ Monterey - 12.1 is the OS

There is an issue with Monterey that makes a mimoCall connecting to mimoLive crash mimoLive. We’ve escalated this to Apple. Can you go back to Big Sur?

Has this been fixed yet @Oliver_Boinx ? I am using Monterey and have just started testing with trial version, looking to purchase. But when somebody tries to activate the MimoCall link, MimoLive automatically crashes

Hi there, I am experiencing the same issue, for really long time now! I am completely unable to use MimoCall I tried both the stable and beta versions. Running Mimo on macOS 12.2 MBP Pro 16 inch 2019.
Any ideas?
Best

Hi @Jirik, I’m sorry about the troubles and thanks for reaching out.

Can you please try mimoLive 5.8.1?

As the issue is with MacOS Monterey, another option would be to downgrade to MacOS Big Sur.

We’re working on a fix, but it seems to be a problem deep in MacOS, so it is difficult to get to the bottom of this and I can’t say when we will be able to ship a fix.