Mic on mimocall not detecting

my co-host connects via mimoCall on Chrome on his PC running windows 10. He has a TRRS lavalier which is plugged into TRRS-to-USB adaptor. When he plugs the mic+adaptor into this PC and starts a mimocall, it is not recognized as an audio source, and the PC’s build in mic presists . The audio input dialog in mimoCall only lists the PC’s sound-card three or four times, and not the USB adaptor.

However…

When my friend opens Skype – same config – Skype recognizes the mic+USB just fine.

Anyone know what we should be looking for in Chrome settings to make this work? I’d thought it was Windows or the PC itself, but when we did a Skype call (brought in via NDI) it worked fine so I’m assuming it’s a Chrome setting or mimoCall bug.

We can do this via Skype, but I’d rather not have the Skype logo on the screen, which we’d avoid using mimoCall.

Thanks.

Is this also working with Skype over web, or just with the “native” client? https://web.skype.com/ ?

Still having the same issue, even with Firefox. We will try again with Edge. But when i tested my mic in chrome in working fine now.

Worst case scenario I will bring my co-host in via Skype/NDI, since Skype recognizes the ext mic, but I’d really like this to work natively with mimoCall.

I had similar troubles with several browsers and external peripherals.

MimoCall is based on WebRTC. Whatever the browser supports, WebRTC supports it too. This can differ between browsers. (My best experiences were with Firefox on macOS and Google Chrome on Windows.)

MimoCall can only support hardware, which is on the first hand being recognized by the operating system and on the other hand the web browser. Furthermore, the user has to give permission inside the browser to allow the access. In some browsers every time, in others once.

In some browsers and their containing web apps, the configuration will been done additionally in a popup (for e.g. facebook messenger). MimoCall and MimoCall BETA do have different options.

I hope this helps,
JoPhi

Ps: When a web browser does not support your hardware, it does not work with mimoCall. This is nothing Boinx could change. You could write a certain feature request to the creators/developers of your favourite browser. Also to the developers of the adaptor.