Locking a Layer for Editing

In Mimolive, I had a user error when using a trackpad, it accidentally chose a slider bar and slid it all the way to 100% hiding a camera input for one layer. Tore my hair out trying to figure out what happened, and on the fly added a new layer to fix the problem I had caused. I know its user error, but I work at a school and students are sometimes in charge of doing the live streams. It would be great if we can lock a layer, so that it cannot be edited without pressing an additional button.

1 Like

Cool idea! (Except API-input, but for the GUI this would be awesome!) A lock-mode for the GUI.

1 Like

Love this idea… did the same thing with a layer set during one show…wrote it off as a problem between the keyboard and chair…. after that I switched to using only control surfaces during a show and effectively this is a similar thing. But being able to lock all but critical controls would be good. An “edit” or “setup” mode and a display mode would be nice. with a “covered button” approach so that things can still be adjusted if necessary, but you need to “enable” editing of specific controls.

1 Like