Issue with Instagram account

Hello! I’m trying to connect mimoLive to my Instagram account but, after logging in, I get the following error.

{“error_type”: “OAuthException”, “code”: 400, “error_message”: “Invalid scope field(s): basic”}

SAME problem here. Help would be appreciated.

@Andrew_Quinn @Gabriele_LS Unfortunately, we had to remove the Instagram source.

The effort required to regain the original functionality after API and usage terms changes at Instagram seems unsurmountable and out of proportion to the potential benefits.

A workaround is to use the Screen Capture source and the Instagram web site.

If that workaround isn’t working for you, please let us know how you’ve been using the Instagram source in the past.

The website requires the mobile app on the phone. when on a computer there is no way to get video into instagram.

I livestream and create shows for social Media and some clients wanted to go live into instagram with a studio cam and not the phone. also they take calls in instagram. is there anyway to push my production to a clients instagram page?

Hi @Andrew_Quinn This is a different story. The mimoLive Instagram integration only supported searching the Instagram feed and displaying photos from the feed.

Live streaming to Instagram from mimoLive is possible, although there is a concern regarding the Instagram terms of usage which contained some wording to the effect that using anything other than the Instagram App to stream live is not allowed. In the latest revision of the Instagram Terms of Service, I can’t find this, but it might just be more buried in legalese.

To get the RTMP info for the mimoLive RTMP Streaming Output Destination, you can use the website instafeed.me or the app Yellow Duck.