Is this really a beta version ?

• lots of crashes esp. with existing own slide shows

• button causes only a black screen and nothing happens; entering P via keyboard the show is displayed in fullscreen mode

additional info:
OS X 10.11 El Capitan on iMac 27" End 2013, 3,2 GHz I5, 16GB, 1,1 TB Fusiondrive

Not that it makes me feel “happy” but it is nice to know that I’m not the only one having a problem opening pre-existing slide shows.

As far as your question is concerned, I’m willing to offer some leeway in regard to “is this really a BETA version?” I have loaded the latest 5.0b30 version on to my computer (El Capitan on my MacBook Pro) and on my wife’s laptop (Yosemite on a MacBook Pro) and her desktop iMac (also Yosemite). The 5.0b30 version, AND the released 4.6.3, seem to work pretty well in Yosemite. As far as on MY computer, though, under El Capitan, I would say, for all intents and purposes, neither one of them barely works at all without crashing. I have submitted my problems to Tech Support about a week ago and had some feedback, but so far no solutions have been proffered. I would still consider 5.0b30 a “beta” version as described.

same problems as willyman said - working on OS X 10.11 El Capitan on iMac 27" Mid 2010, 2.93 GHz i7, 16 GB