Insta Pro 2 Camera Streaming

Is it possible to connect directly to the built in server on the insta Pro 2 camera. It can be done in OBS but I much rather use Mimolive. I haven’t found any posts on the subject. Please advise. Thank you.

1 Like

It’s probably possible in the same way it’s done in OBS. Can you tell us how you’re doing it in OBS?

Hi Oliver, Here are the instructions from Insta 360 for OBS:

Let me know your thoughts on how I do this process with Mimolive.

Hi @tonerone mimoLive 6.0 which is currently in beta now has an FFmpeg source that can also be used to run an RTMP server for your camera. See RTMP - mimoLive - 5

Thank you so much, Oliver! I have installed it and will give it a go tomorrow. I am attempting to get a tech session but it looks like you pay first and then gets scheduling options. Is there a way to see what times are available so I can fit it in with my schedule? I have questions about the ATEM switcher and how to best utilize it with the chroma key for graphics and want to get tips on streaming in 360 with this new beta. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kind regards, Tony

Hi @tonerone I see you withdrew a post. Does that mean that you got it to work?

I’m very interested in making sure this works.

Hello Oliver, the FFmpeg allowed me to connect the Insta Pro 2 camera to Mimolive. I got a beautiful feed in but the video was frozen. I don’t know if there is an additional setting that I need to input but would appreciate the advice. Additionally, I have connected a previous 360 camera (Ricoh Theta) a few years back and it worked fine. Is the Insta Pro 2 compatible with Mimolive? I tried to load the video from the connection I achieved but it was too large to share. Here is a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WlxNMiHPk_1mtOTMOIfeNkWnpyWw9ng8/view?usp=sharing
The picture quality is amazing and getting this to work would be a game-changer for me. Let me know your thoughts or suggestions. Thank you, Tony

This may be a better link: I am showing you how the feed in Mimo is frozen but the feed from the Insta Pro App has motion. Similarly, I can stream straight to you tube from the Insta Pro 2 software but I wanted to see if I could use Mimo for additional graphics, and other features like I did with the Ricoh. Thanks again in advance for any thoughts. Here is the full video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiGLrMTZjQ8mKymGxLMYQc9FQ-leuxtZ/view?usp=sharing

This may be a better link: I am showing you how the feed in Mimo is frozen but the feed from the Insta Pro App has motion. Similarly, I can stream straight to youtube from the Insta Pro 2 software but I wanted to see if I could use Mimo for additional graphics, and other features like I did with the Ricoh. Thanks again in advance for any thoughts. Here is the full video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiGLrMTZjQ8mKymGxLMYQc9FQ-leuxtZ/view?usp=sharing

Hi @tonerone The Theta is using a different method for getting live video into mimoLive which has different challenges.

The FFmpeg source is currently in beta because it is very complex and we already found several cases where it simply stops because FFmpeg is outputting some error message that mimoLive isn’t able to process. This will take some more work… Thanks for your patience.

When you add this infront of your settings for your camera in FFmpeg source, does it then work?

-loglevel error [rest of your code]

I will give it a test tonite Johannes. Thanks for taking a look at this for me. I will let you know if I have any success.

1 Like

Hi @tonerone The mimoLive 6.0b9 has a much improved FFmpeg source. Let us know if that helps.