IFB for MimoCall

Hi all,

I’m trying to figure out what is the best way to setup the IFB for MimoCall, but I’m not sure if I’m doing it the right way.

What have I done so far:

• Created a new audio device (with the talkback mic)
  • Added the new mic source to my Layer Stack and put it into Live
  • Disabled the new Mic in the Program Mix
  • Added a new Audio Mix for the MimoCall, disbled the MimoCall itself.
  • Selected the new Audio Mix in the MimoCall Source.

Am I doing it the right way? It feels a bit odd to do it this way honestly.

Seems correct to me. It’s a bit roundabout but it’s the way.

We might change it in the future to just be able to select an IFB source for mimoCall but that’s a bit more complicated than it sounds for us to implement…

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the confirmation. It a very good and usefull step forward. Looking forward to the full IFB implementation :wink:. And then a button for the remote control for push to talk/talk :wink:

Have a great weekend.

That’s roughly how I’m doing it too - It’s a bit convoluted (I sense mimoLive is starting to need multiple layer stacks that can be treated a bit like old-fashioned Multiple M/E switchers), but it’s reliable and works well.

In my case, I’m pulling a feed from one line of our studio intercom lines - It works really well.

Still holding out for a mimoComms iOS app :wink:

2 Likes

Well, tested it out, but nog getting it wo work. The issue is, I need to disable the Layer Volumes for the Master Mix in my audio mix output, which means the volume levels of the MasterMix are not followed anymore and the MimoCaller does not get the right volume output.

How I expect it to be used is:

• Let MimoCall use Program Mix-Minus
  • Let me add an IFB source on my side for my mic
  • Let me add this IFB feed to MimoCall
  • Have the MimoCall input as a seperate source available in MimoLive, which I can control in volume to my headset
  • And then also have the ability to create buttons in the Remote where I can assign push-to-talk/talk and listen to MimoCall users during a livestream

Currently I have not been able to figure it out how to achieve the above.