If I have all of my cameras in placer layers for rotation why in the switcher do I loose the rotation?

Also, some cameras work even if adjusted (scaled, color). But rarely less than two.

And a related question, as a fairly new arrival, to get a video to visually fit, is broadcasting using placer layers the way to go? And is it the lightest method. I’m sure it all is, but asking brings up other thoughts that help.

The switcher layer does not support rotation. If you use placers, make sure that all sources are also in multi view to avoid glitches. Placer is more lightweight than PIP window, but pip window is able to have transitions between variants.

1 Like

BTW, you could rotate the source by the help of a filter. So every target layer gets a rotated derivate of the source.

1 Like

Hi @Bobby_June You’re looking for the “Scale & Transform” filter to apply to the source (click on the little “fx” in the top right hand corner of the source box). This allows to rotate the source and then use it in a Switcher.

While the Placer layer is the basic element, for more complex layouts use the PIP Window or any other of the multiple layout layers. If you need several sources switched full screen (like a traditional switcher) use the Video Switcher layer. But remember, if you do that, you will need an additional Audio Only layer with the audio for each source (if they aren’t mixed externally).

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Copied into my working doc. :slight_smile:

1 Like