I hope This UPDATE COMING IS "THE BIG BANG"

Hello guys i do not know whats going on i hope and pray the full boinx family is well and in good spirits especially @Oliver_Boinx & @Achim_Boinx. There hasnt been an update in two months so im sort of worried, i am looking forward to this update mainly for facebook so my account can start working again, also there’s an issue with video sources and the “play once and freeze” where the layer in the layerstack is live but disappears from the program window when you click on a different layer in the layer stack then click back on the layer you have with “play once and freeze” enabled on, and all of this happens while the layer is live. there is also that issue with Blackmagic design and audio problems. another problem is the live button, it has three states OFF=grey, LIVE=Red, & Yellow=Turning Off. The Live Button sometimes Hangs on yellow when the layer have dissolve enabled and you have to click again to get it fully off.

There is also the father Abraham old issue of the render pipeline where Mimolive processes the video it receives and adds alot of grain/noise and makes the video more exposed than it is originally. i have tried everything we own. “BMD Intensity Shuttle: Both USB & Thunderbolt” Also “Ultra studio mini recoders and Monitors” also “Ultrastudio Mini 4K” Also “Decklink: 4k HDMI Recorder & 8k Capture card”.
They all produce the same result, Grain & Exposure.

Mimolive has now become a must have in our daily lives and we will like to see it be perfected and sometime in the future be able to run a full broadcast company from the software… We eagerly look forward to the update.

Hi @203 I hope you’re doing well, too. Thanks for reaching out and for your feedback.

i am looking forward to this update mainly for facebook so my account can start working again

There are currently a few known issues with Facebook but they are all on FB end. In general, Facebook works, but it has a few limitations we currently can’t do anything about, like not being able to stream to Events. The API access is changing daily, but there is always the RTMP fallback which should always work. If you have trouble with Facebook, you can try to remove the Facebook account in the mimoLive Preferences and add it again.

there’s an issue with video sources and the “play once and freeze” where the layer in the layerstack is live but disappears from the program window when you click on a different layer in the layer stack then click back on the layer you have with “play once and freeze” enabled on, and all of this happens while the layer is live.

We’ll investigate.

there is also that issue with Blackmagic design and audio problems.

There is a known issue with BMD Desktop Video 11.6 which we hope BMD will fix with 11.6.1. For now, 11.5.1 works fine.

The Live Button sometimes Hangs on yellow when the layer have dissolve enabled and you have to click again to get it fully off.

This is probably a specific problem of a specific layer. In what layer is this happening and can you give us an example?

There is also the father Abraham old issue of the render pipeline where Mimolive processes the video it receives and adds alot of grain/noise and makes the video more exposed than it is originally.

We’re trying to get to the bottom of this for a while now. The issue is probably a color space conversion that is happening deep in the Quartz Composer code that we use. We are working on a replacement for Quartz Composer but since this is quite a big project, we don’t think it is going to happen soon.

Mimolive has now become a must have in our daily lives and we will like to see it be perfected

I’m glad to hear that you like mimoLive and that it has become essential for you. Our goal is to make it the best live video production system we can.

and sometime in the future be able to run a full broadcast company from the software

As a matter of fact, I know quite a lot of people doing just that right now.

Thank you for replying, i will do a screen record and give an example of what im talking about with the yellow hanging live button and the Play once and freeze, Have a great day.

Hi, Oliver
When the release of the new version is planned? More than 2 months have passed since the last release.

It was planned for 3 weeks ago. But there are complications with Code signing which we haven’t been able to resolve yet. We hope for this week.

1 Like

Really have to join in on 203’s BIG BANG hopes here.

We’ve been struggling with buzz sound / audio synch problems in our live streams and recording for too long (and we’re a music college!) !

With us it’s an RME Fireface we’re using and we’ve already tried all the forum remedies: unchecking the automatic time settings, connecting via thunderbolt hub and even taking out the audio monitor output.

MimoLive has also become an important tool for us in Covid times and we’re very dependent at the moment.

@Oliver_Boinx Will these audio problems finally be fixed in the newest update or are we getting our hopes too high?

@HSM_MAB Thanks for using mimoLive! I’m sorry to hear that you experience this issue.

We’ve recently seen this effect first hand for the first time, and we’re still quite baffled at what causes it. However, we’ve been able to fix it by using Loopback by Rogue Amoeba and simply route incoming audio through it without any processing. So, it is obviously possible to fix this in software, so we will eventually be able to fix it. For now, can you try if you have the same results using Loopback?

I believe that the “color conversation”-issue is based on the syphon-layers-image-below and its re-rendering on a new billboard/sprite by adding new sprite-white. Or it’s placed in “the third row”. All re-placed images are affected by it. Maybe there is a way to pass-through the originals, instead of placing an element on a new sprite, which is placed on a new sprite, which is placed on a new sprite. Maybe this could be solved by shorten the way in mimoLive.

I’m Interested in this conversation. Forever this issue has been a problem where using mimolive is concerned because the output isnt clean and a good look will certainly reveal that fact.

Playout/Playback Quality needs to improve. I’ve even tried the NDI feature over the network and the picture is brighter and grainier than the “Blackmagic Playout” so im really looking forward to a fix in that regard.

Hi Oliver

I was very hopeful about your advice concerning rogue amoeba so we actually bought (!) it in hopes of solving the sound issue. However to no avail. This issue really needs to be fixed asap; is there any way we can get more direct support? You can hear the glitch in this live(!) stream at 18:44: https://youtu.be/WJfh09uJWos

These glitches are a mini catastrophe for us and we’d like to continue to rely on mimolive.

also: we never before had problems while streaming and recording at the same time. however this time the image started scrambling as you can see at 15:18 . I’m guessing this is probably do to adding rogue amoeba in the mix?

how can we first and foremost solve the sound issue? as already written we’ve already tried all the forum remedies: unchecking the automatic time settings, connecting via thunderbolt hub, even taking out the audio monitor output and now using rogue amoeba.

You can’t get more direct support than from me! :wink:

I tried to watch the YouTube video but it’s set for private. Can you please make it “Unlisted”? If you don’t want others to see it, you can send me the mp4 file directly through WeTransfer, DropBox or anything. (The forum allows you to send DM to me by clicking on my name and use “message”)

Hi, yes sorry, you should be able to see it now… very troubling! hope we can figure the sound issue out.

Hi @HSM_MAB

I was very hopeful about your advice concerning rogue amoeba so we actually bought (!) it in hopes of solving the sound issue. However to no avail. This issue really needs to be fixed asap; is there any way we can get more direct support? You can hear the glitch in this live(!) stream at 18:44: https://youtu.be/WJfh09uJWos

I’ve now been able to see the video, thanks.

These glitches are a mini catastrophe for us and we’d like to continue to rely on mimolive.

I understand your frustration with this. This shouldn’t happen.

Is this “buzzing sound” also present in the recording? Is the sound going directly from mimoLive to YouTube or are you routing the sound somewhere else first?

You also mentioned sync issues which I can’t find in the YouTube video. When I talked about the Loopback solution, I was referring to a known audio drift problem with USB audio interfaces on computers with T2 chip where the audio and video would slowly drift apart because the audio lag is increasing over time. I’m sorry if that caused confusion. If this audio sync issue is in the YouTube recording, can you please give me a time code?

also: we never before had problems while streaming and recording at the same time. however this time the image started scrambling as you can see at 15:18 . I’m guessing this is probably do to adding rogue amoeba in the mix?

Unlikely as it isn’t related to sound. Again, is that same issue also in the local recording?

how can we first and foremost solve the sound issue? as already written we’ve already tried all the forum remedies: unchecking the automatic time settings, connecting via thunderbolt hub, even taking out the audio monitor output and now using rogue amoeba.

I think we need to start over in analysing your issue. Can you please let me know:

• Exact model of the Mac you are using
  • macOS version number
  • mimoLive Version

It would help if you could send me (Link to WeTransfer, Dropbox, … via DM):

My apologies if you have answered those questions in the past, I couldn’t find anything.