How do you create MP4 from Fotomagico pro?

Hello,
I want to create MP4 from Fotomagico Pro. Under file menu, I only have SHARE option not export?
How do I specify I want to create MP4 ?
Thanks
Brenda

Share and Export is the same thing. In the Sharing Assistant you’ll find mp4 movie.

Hello Bastian. I am using the 5 days demo version (v4.2.3).
This version does not have a Sharing Assistant. I can choose Quicktime and there I can choose MPEG4 compression (instead of H-264). It does however save a .mov file, not a .mp4 file.
Can you explain if the is because of the demo version? Would the full-paid version be able to export to MP4? I want to know before I actually buy the license. (I need an MP4 file because my tv won’t play a .mov).

Thanks. Remco

FotoMagico is using QuickTime to do the movie encoding while export and I guess QuickTime just puts an .mov ending to the file for some reason but the encoding of the file should be MPEG4 anyways. Did you try to rename the .mov to .mp4?

Yes, thank you, this does help indeed.

Thanks, Achim. Your suggestion to rename the .mov to .mp4 helped me get one step further. Using the purchased version of 4.2.3 on a MacBook Air, I used ‘Share/DVD/PAL/Burn=None’ to create a file of a project. 4.2.3 made a .mov file which I loaded into an iMac, where your tip to rename the extension made it possible for the Burn program to create a DVD. The DVD works on the Mac. Can you please tell me how to proceed to get from the MacBook Air to a DVD that plays on TV’s?

Hi,

in earlier versions it was possible to directly save a movie as .mp4 also via quicktime. There was also the possibility to define own presets for the formats.
I think they changed it in version 4 and I already complained about that. A lot of people like to stream .mp4 to TV etc. via DLNA and it would be higly appreciated if you could add the feature for a direct .mp4 export with nice presets again.

@alanreynolds: When you are burning a DVD you have two choices: The first one is to burn a data DVD which will work with computers. The second is to burn a “real” DVD which works with your TV set (and computers).

@netrene: Thanks for the feature request!

@Achim
Actually it’s not a feature request. It’s a complaint that you removed a feature that was good.

@alanreynolds: When you are burning a DVD you have two choices: The first one is to burn a data DVD which will work with computers. The second is to burn a "real" DVD which works with your TV set (and computers).

Yes, and as I said, I am asking how to do the second: How to use FotoMagico 4.2.3 ON A MACBOOK AIR to create a file which I can place on an iMac and from there burn a “real” DVD which works with my (Dutch) TV set (and computers)

@alenreynolds: I would recommend using the DVD sharing option: This will generate a DV movie file which you can copy to your iMac in order to use it in you burning software. Please refer to the manual of your DVD burning software on how to create a video DVD which works with standard DVD players. What DVD burning software are you using?