Help - mimoLive Remote server fails to connect

Any additional thoughts on this? I keep coming back to two things - (1) this works fine with VPN connected, which suggests it’s VPN-related, but even with the VPN turned off and a fresh restart (with it not loading on startup) I have the same 173 IP address which I cannot access on my LAN. (2) I am not seeing these problems at all with other servers running on the same machine. I have tried with plex, with a webserver, with icecast (which I use regularly with mimolive), and none of this creates the 173 IP. So it seems the problem is in the way mimoLive gets the IP, but it’s strange that nobody else seems to have this problem.

I‘m out of ideas. Of course Plex and other web server let you choose what interface to use for hosting the server. mimoLive uses what macOS is suggesting.

The reason why nobody else seems to have this issue is because there is something unique to your network configuration. This manifests itself in that the ISP can assign a specific IP number to your computer and make it the primary interface despite it being isolated from the ISP network by the router. I‘ve done a lot of networking over the years and I have not yet encountered such a configuration.

Of course this is a problem for mimoLive as it isn‘t able to cope with this situation. For M1 compatibility, we will have to update the http server component and the new version might be doing this differently, but I can‘t give you an ETA nor can I promise that this behavior will be updated.

I would recommend a clean install for the Mac or setting up a second Mac clean so as to revert to the standard network configuration.

Weird thing, today I restarted everything and tried it again and I’m no longer seeing the 173 numbers and instead I’m seeing 10.0.x.x numbers. But the behavior’s exactly the same - it only works if I load and enable the VPN software; otherwise I can’t connect to it.

With the clean install suggestion are you saying the likely culprit is in my OS installation rather than something the ISP & router is doing? (I’m on spectrum btw, so I doubt they’re doing anything too far from standard.)

Thanks!

Perhaps you can send me the System Profile? System Profile - mimoLive - 5

I can take a look and see if I can spot anything unusual.

With a clean install, any old networking configuration and/or network security app should be disabled.

Thanks! Is there a way to attach a file to a message in the messaging app here, or is there an email address I can send it to?